Snowmobiler's run down and slaughter 5 deer!!!

Goose

Snowmobiler's run down and slaughter 5 deer!!!

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Waupaca county: 3 to 4 snowmobiler's run deer to death and tie some up to trees. Landowners shut down trail in response. Here's the story on WLUK http://www.fox11online.com/

This is ridiculous and I think the landowners did the right thing by shutting down the trails. What are your thoughts?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Bowtechian

RE: Snowmobiler's run down and slaughter 5 deer!!!

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Very disturbing. Sounds like some non hunting punks were trying to have a good time at the expense of wildlife. That's the kind of people Caroline CT should set her sights on.

Go get them Caroline!
Dave M.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Makes me sick! I hope they catch them, tie them to tree's and run them down.. see how they like it.. But then again Ive always thought that a killer should be killed teh same way they killed! I really hope they catch these terriable people.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm

As a hunter, conservationist, snowmobiler and member of a snowmobile club, it appauls me that things like this happen. I know how hard it is to get those private lands open to a wonderful winter activity. It takes a few of the hundreds of thousands of snowmobilers, to ruin and set back years and decades of work and good will between the volunteers in the clubs and the landowners whose land we are graciously allowed to use. This is no different than the slobs that ruin hunting on private land by their actions.

Either way, and regardless of the sport, these people have to be caught and prosectuted. If this was a poaching offense, we all know the consequences....this should be treated no different, and niether should the perpetrators of this incident.

We are concerned with the issues of our State deer herd....this is no more than wonten slaughter.

To the landowners, I understand your position, and the fact that you are considering reopening your property is admirable. my land is open to public activities also...but if this happened here, I would probably act in a simular fashion...but would do my best to find these criminals.
(Florence Co., WI)

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 am

I sure hope they idiots are caught and the book is thrown at them. 
It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

Artemis

Postby Artemis » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:34 am

If they get caught, which I fervently hope for, I'd love to throw more than just "the book" at them.[:@] This makes me sick, and ticked off.

According to that anti-hunter bunnyhugger, CCT, that was spouting in the "more anit-hunting propaganda" forum, only hunters do this sort of thing. Get real.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:11 am

ORIGINAL: Artemis

If they get caught, which I fervently hope for, I'd love to throw more than just "the book" at them.[:@] This makes me sick, and ticked off.

According to that anti-hunter bunnyhugger, CCT, that was spouting in the "more anit-hunting propaganda" forum, only hunters do this sort of thing. Get real.

True hunters would never do something like this and if CCT or anyone else thinks this could be the work of hunters it's a shame they're so blind.  This is just a terrible act.  Hopefully with all the publicity this is getting they'll track these idiots down sooner than later.  This is poaching in the worst form and should be treated as such. 

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am

update:
snowmobilers caught

Washburn
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am

That's great to hear.  Lets throw them in prison and throw away the key on them.  Thanks Washburn for the update.

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 am

That great news Washburn.  Hope that they get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

Next

Return to Wisconsin