Madison Deer & Turkey Expo

Goose

RE: Madison Deer & Turkey Expo

Postby Goose » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:12 am

Well my wife and I are up and getting ready to make the 2 hour trip to Madison, looking forward to it, this will be our first time at this show.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:04 am

There sure is a lot to see, and a lot of people to talk to.  Saw a lot of old friends last night, today will be the same.
It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:09 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

Well my wife and I are up and getting ready to make the 2 hour trip to Madison, looking forward to it, this will be our first time at this show.

Great choice Goose...I know you won't be disappointed.  I go to the one in the Twin Cities and I wouldn't miss it.  Hopefully Lee and Tiffany are there! :)
QDM!

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I was there today and was able to pick up a few items, but I didn't see Tiffany anywhere.[:(] I did however see Nicole Jones who is pretty nice also.
Kyle

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:13 am

We are glad we went. It's a little different then the one we normally attend in Green Bay....[:D]
LOTS of stuff to drool over and alot of good people to talk to.
I told my wife "it's like coming home" LOL
Got to meet Centralwisconsinland and put a face behind the screen name. I enjoyed that and hope to do that more often. It was good to meet you CWL!

We also sat through John Eberharts seminar as well as Gordon Whittingtons.

It was a great show and we where there for about 6 hours.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:41 pm

I went on Saturday and thought it was great as well.  Bought a trail pod for my trail camera and bought a dvd from a group that is very down to earth about hunting and they are just like us.  Also got to see Dan Schmidt there as well but didn't get a chance to talk to him.
Scott

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:25 pm

We just got home a couple hours ago. Spent yesterday walking, buying and talking. Today sat in on a few seminars. It was a good time. Glad we went.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 am

The Deer and Turkey Show is like family.  Enjoyed talking to an Outfitter from South Dakota that offer a father or mother/son or daughter cull hunt which I had not heard of before.  They also offered trophy hunts for antelope, mule and whitetail deer.  I chuckled at the deer blind made to look like a round hay bale, I found that to be funny.  Enjoyed the sausage samples.  Most of all I had a great time renewing old freindships and making new freinds.  Talked to retch and fish.  Got to meet Goose and Mrs. Goose, that was great, Goose talking about being able to take Mrs Goose turkey hunting for the first time.  Isn't that what it is all about family and creating hunting tradtions good luck Mrs. Goose I THINK you have a good guide there.  Looking forward to coming to Madison again.  Say like April 15, 2009 at the Joint Information Hearing at the State Capital in Room 411 South.  I will be there so that I will be able to hold on to my family's hunting traditions. 
It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

Dan Schmidt

Postby Dan Schmidt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:07 am

Hello everyone. Good to see so many of you at Madison! My wife and I made it down for the day on Saturday. One of the busiest Saturdays I have seen in the 15 years I have been attending this show. Glenn Helgeland really knows what makes deer hunters tick! The highlights for us were John Eberhart's presentation on hunting public land bucks, Bill Hesselgrave's venison processing seminar and, of course, all of those huge bucks taken in the state this past season (and previous seasons as well). Here are a couple of pictures of some of the deer we saw:

--Dan

In order:
241-inch from Waupaca County
208-inch from Columbia County
205-inch from Taylor County
186-inch from Marquette County
183-inch from Dodge County

For more information on the Target Communications shows, visit www.deerinfo.com.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Just think if they let them live one more year! [:D]

Very nice bucks!
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin