Opportunity to Eliminate Muzzleloader Sight Restrictions Unpopular Muzzleloader H

Goose

RE: Opportunity to Eliminate Muzzleloader Sight Restrictions Unpopular Muzzleloader H

Postby Goose » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm

I know Ill catch flak for this and thats fine, I got it coming...
Why do we need a 10 day ml season after a 9 day firearms season when you can legally use a ml during the firearms season?
Then you throw in a 4 day antlerless season on top of it and your talking 23 days of firearms hunting!Plus the earlier tzone! 27 days of cannons in the woods!
You can add this to the list of reasons why deer numbers are down as well.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DoeEyed

RE: Opportunity to Eliminate Muzzleloader Sight Restrictions Unpopular Muzzleloader H

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 am

You're not going to get any flak from me. This falls under the... just because we can does'nt mean we should scenario like the tags. And yes, since not everyone bowhunts they gotta have their time in the woods too. It's what we live for right?
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fish

Postby Fish » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:29 am

OMG...Goose has become a radical, DNR bashing, non kool aid drinker!  [:D]  lol

Muzzy season used to be a 4 day hunt, weekend after gun season.  The extra days are place right after gun season which was original a week of rest for the deer.  I'd like to see the muzzy season go back to 4 days and eliminate t-zones.  In all reality, the extra muzzy season is used by a very few.  The extra harvest because of these date is insignificant but does confuse hunters.  Go to Madison, eliminate EAB and T-zone and get back to our traditional seasons. 

wack

Postby wack » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:35 am

quote:

I wouldn't vote against scopes, but not sure how much support I'm willing to give. I'd rather bow hunt.

Wow...heres another definition for you.....

Hypocrite \Hyp"o*crite\, n. [F., fr. L. hypocrita, Gr. ? one who
plays a part on the stage, a dissembler, feigner. See
Hypocrisy.]
One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of
winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming;
one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false
pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or
piety

Why would you that MSBADGER? What the definition of pulling words out of contence and twisting them around???

As I said, I like the fact that adding scopes to smoke polls might bring more hunters, I like the fact that you can already use scopes on smoke poles for regular gun season, I think there are old fashion scopes from the later part of the smoke pole era, I did NOT say I would not support scopes for smoke poles, I did say I'm not sure how much support I'm willing to give which puts me somewhere between a little support and a lot of support. I will not support raising the deer harvest in Wisconsin, our deer numbers are too low.

The difference between you and me is you would stop cb hunters because you don't want more hunters in the woods, and I said "I wouldn't vote against scopes". When you put everything in my post together, it's saying that I'd rather bow hunt, but go ahead and fight for scopes, I will not stand in the way, I would vote yes, but I wouldn't vote to decrease our deer numbers. We're going to Madison next week to fight EAB and raise the DNR deer population as it is. Short term, that's the most important fight. Scope or no scope, bow or crossbow, makes no diference if there's no deer. Hard to draw more BP hunters and more CB archery hunters if there are no deer. Once we get our point across and get the deer goals raised, I'll be 100% support for anything that brings more hunters, scopes, crossbow, air rifles to phasers and light sabers! lol

If we loose, you can look on the brite side, many of us will boycott deer hunting altogether this fall so you'll be happy with fewer hunters in the woods, you'll get your peace and quiet. BTW, I didn't see in your post anything about what side of this issue you stand on. I only see you here attacking me, not 1 positive thing to add to this thread, not 1 opinion on the subject, your entire contribution to the conversation was to call Wack a Hypocrite and to belittle me. (the definition of the last big word you called me in the cb thread)  So excuse me while I get back to the subject.

ORIGINAL: Luv2Hunt

"Wisconsin is home to about 1.7 million deer".

"especially with a burgeoning deer herd that becomes a bigger and bigger problem each year".

I fully support allowing scopes, but must ask what comic books your reading to make such statements as noted above.

I agree....1.7 million deer.  Might as well say 5 million.

I think the author of that comic book has the same name as a certain DNR "expert." Wonder if they're related? lol

Goose, all I know is all these little extra seasons makes it hard to pattern deer. You bow hunt, then a weekend of guns, bow hunt some more, then a weekend of guns, bow hunt, then 9 days of gun, and again, about the time you get on a pattern, a late gun season.... add to that the year around pressure from Ag tags, it certainly adds to the challenge of getting close. I love the fact that we have all these choices, but there is room for improvement for how and when we schedual these choices. From a bow hunter standpoint, I'd like to see the guns go in the woods, stay longer and get out. 3-4 week gun season, use anything you want, break it up any way you want, just make it one consecutive block of time like weeks 2, 3, & 4 of NOV. Bow hunters without these gun hunt breaks would be more productive, gun hunters wouldn't feel so rushed and would be more productive, and late bow season would be more productive. Just some ideas to toss around. What are other states doing?
American by birth, hunter by choice.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:57 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

I know Ill catch flak for this and thats fine, I got it coming...
Why do we need a 10 day ml season after a 9 day firearms season when you can legally use a ml during the firearms season?
Then you throw in a 4 day antlerless season on top of it and your talking 23 days of firearms hunting!Plus the earlier tzone! 27 days of cannons in the woods!
You can add this to the list of reasons why deer numbers are down as well.

Goose, I know what you're saying and where you're coming from.  I think there is such a small amount of people that smoke-pole hunt to begin with though I'm not sure how much of an effect it would have?  But, we do have an issue right now with the population so for it to work correctly I think the DNR needs to allocate tags accordingly for bow, gun, and muzzleloader.  This would be the only right way to do it so there isn't an over-harvest, but I'm not sure how they would go about that since I really don't have much trust or faith in anything they do right now. 
QDM!

Previous

Return to Wisconsin