Joint assembly/senate wildlife meeting times and dates

mtnman

Joint assembly/senate wildlife meeting times and dates

Postby mtnman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 pm

(Florence Co., WI)

Fish

RE: Joint assembly/senate wildlife meeting times and dates

Postby Fish » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:51 pm

We have been given an unprecident opportunity here.  Never before has this been offered to the hunters of Wisconsin.  Rep. Hraychuck and Sen. Halperin have stuck their necks out for us, they have listened and now you ARE obligated to show your support. 

I've listened to most of you sit and complain on here regarding your hunting opportunities.  Everyone belly aching about not being heard.  You spend days and weeks of vacation on your hunting expeditions.  Why not spend 1/2 a day protecting what you hold so dear?

I've heard all the excuses:  The DNR just made a mistake; They will correct it in 2009; They have the hunters best interest in mind, They will seriously reduce EAB and T-zone in 2009......

Well, 43 EAB unit for 2009(4 shy of last year); 64 T-zones; we have been hit with "Buck only" opening weekend questions like question #57; a herd estimate of 1.5 million(again).  Whats next?  If we had a post hunt pop of 1 million plus, what will it seem like with 600,000 post hunt? 1 deer per 40 acres?  The Dept has drawn the line in the sand, they have decided what they want.  My friends, there is much more going on than you know.

The CC has been ineffective in changing the DNR's practices, the NRB has failed, your not being listened to at DMU and Big Game meeting.  Our legislation is the last opportunity.  They are the only ones able to "trump" the Dept.  They are listening, will you be heard?

The 2009 hunt WILL be worse.  By not acting now and showing support, no politician will ever give the hunters of WI another chance.  The DNR will have been proven right.  Hunters will be proven not strong enough to protect themselves and weak in their ability to organize.  You will be forever told what you can and can't do, they will be managing you.

As for me, I have spent a heck of alot of time away from my family and business, trying to protect each and everyone of you.  Many groups throughout WI have organized on your behalf.  Countless hours and money have been spent.  What will you do?

I don't care what your agenda is.  I don't care if your anti this..pro that.  I don't care if you think the DNR is flawless.  Regardless, you have been given the opportunity to be heard, use it.  The anti hunting groups will be there, why is it so easy for them?  Maybe they just care more?

If you fail to show, you deserve what you have coming to you!

mtnman

RE: Joint assembly/senate wildlife meeting times and dates

Postby mtnman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Amen Fish..Amen!
You will see me there. I have already been getting the word out. WHU and other organizations have been formed to give you the hunter the opportunity to make change, And you have not spent a dime for their actions. I and others have spent $$, time and effort to protect our sport and resource for everyone. Wisconsin deer hunters spend over 1.4 billion dollars on just the 9 day gun season each year, along with time off. If you do not act now, and put in one morning of your year for something you care about, then you may as well pack it in and take up another sport..because this one will be gone.

For those who think that we are over-reactive, I will tell you that I live and hunt where many of you come to spend 9 days or so chasing deer...It is a fact, that what you saw(or did not see) is going to be worse this year, and will get worse every year after, The Agency is looking to get deer on a natural balance, letting winter kill, predation and other natural elements balance the herd populations. The deer hunter is not part of that equation.

I have been asked what WHU will take on after this issue is resolved...if it has not been resolved, and the 650,000 deer hunters of this state cannot put up the effort to save what they have a chance to, then what chance do we have of supporting or try to get anyone to take any hunter serious again.

This is your one last chance....how will you tell your kids and future generations that you had the opportnity to save deer hunting, but you chose not to act.  You may be able to live with letting someone else do what you will not, but in the end, if it fails, you have no one to blame but yourself. My conscience will be clear.
(Florence Co., WI)

Return to Wisconsin