Hunting Notes

Goose

RE: Hunting Notes

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Whats everyones plan for the rest of winter? Do you do any stand prepping or take em down. Do you just stay out of the woods till spring?

I would like to take some stands down and do some routine maint. on them but it looks like Ill be waiting till some of this snow goes away. I'll continue to do some shed hunting and scouting but I'm really looking forward to spring.
I also plan on doing some hinge cutting one of these weekends.

My big focus will be filling up my woodshed in the next month or 2. I'm running low and might have to turn the furnace on[:(]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 am

We took the cushions off of our ladder stands 2 weekends ago and will have to tighten a couple of the ladder stands to make them more secure but that's in the spring. My plans for the rest of winter is to concentrate on doing well in college and pray for warmer temps to melt the snow so I can look for sheds!!

wack

Postby wack » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:52 am

I'm training to be a Pro Staffer like Goose! [:)]
 Also looking for land owners who need help with deer stands, food plots and wildlife management in trade for allowing me to hunt. I'm a wood worker with a lot of tools, a 4x4 truck and 6000 watt generator, small rototiller and more time than money. If you have land that needs coyote, ferrel pigs, or turkeys (in season) taken, pm me, I'll be right over.    
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 am

Well I suppose it's time to let this one start sliding down the list.
It was great hearing everybody's experiences out in the woods.
Please do the same again for the 09 season coming up on Sept.12th
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Whitetailaddict

Postby Whitetailaddict » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:54 pm

There is a really good article on Whitetail365.com. It was posted march 19th and is called Wisconsin hunters hot over last falls harvest. I thought it was an interesting article and think everyone should read it. I'm sure you all have read plenty of stuff about the same topic (i know i have) but it was interesting none the less.

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 pm

whitetailaddict, I found the article very interesting indeed.  The spin in this article is that the Wisconsin hunters are driven by a "low-grade form of mass hysteria".  That the hearing called by Sen. Jim Holperine, D- Eagle River, chair of the Senate Natural Resources Committee and Rep. Ann Hrychuck, D-Balsam Lake are a waste of time.  The hunters must trust the "DNR and its governing board and thier science-based system.  Does anyone know if the author of this article is related to Keith Warnke maybe a brother-in law?  I think every hunter no matter what you believe should thank Sen. Holperine and Rep. Hrychuck for listening to the Wisconsin Hunter.  Knowing that it would be hard for hunters from the north east and north west part of the state to get to Madison April 15, set up hearings so that hey can be heard in Rhinelander and Spooner on March 30.  That information gathered at those hearings will be presented in Madison on April 15.  I applaud Sen Holperine and Rep Hrychuck for standing up for the Wisconsin Hunter.  If you as a hunter have any questions or concerns regarding hunting in Wisconsin here is your chance to be heard. See you in Rhinelander, Spooner or Madison.

It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin