La Farge

northernVT

RE: La Farge

Postby northernVT » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow Wack. I have seen some dickering and finagling in my life, but that was pretty good. When I say money is no object, I mean on this particular trip by going out with a friends and hunting on his friend's land. Very little out of pocket on this one. I will keep your offer in mind though, just in case I win the lottery.
Thank you for the information and the web link. I will deffinately be keeping an eye on things out there to see what happens.

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:29 pm

As far as I know the wolves havn't moved into that area. They have been spotted in the area where I hunt occasionally, but there arn't any packs around here.

As for the CWD Zone things- it's basically kinda crazy if you don't know the system. The regulations are very difficult to follow as there are many different seasons and rules. If I were you I would go on the DNR website and read over the CWD Regulations. I'm pretty sure the La Farge area is in the CWD Zone, but correct me if I'm wrong. This year the CWD Zone was earn-a-buck and we had 4 different gun seasons and bow season of course. Also, you can shoot at least 4 deer a day which is pretty dumb IMO. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Kyle

wack

Postby wack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 am

Wow Wack. I have seen some dickering and finagling in my life, but that was pretty good. When I say money is no object, I mean on this particular trip by going out with a friends and hunting on his friend's land. Very little out of pocket on this one. I will keep your offer in mind though, just in case I win the lottery.

LMAO! I even have a lottery service I can provide. You send me money, I'll go to Fondulac's Miracle mile and buy your WI. Lottery tickets for you, check the numbers for you and tell you how much you've won! [:D]
 You don't even have to win big, I'm cheap, will do about anything for a good place to hunt. Now that I see where La Farge is, I'd say you're much more likely to run into coyote than wolves but it is in kind of a natural funnel between the WI. river and Mississippi river. If there's habitat for bears and wolves in southern WI. , that's the area. I used to hunt just south of there near Lone Rock, wife's family is in Richland Center, wife and I have been river rough camping by boat on the southern WI river islands at least once every year for 18 years running. If you get one of those Indian summer days I highly recommend renting a conoe for a day and do a float trip down the WI river. The rental places drop you off at point A, pick you up down stream at point B. Bring your bow and gear, study the maps, hunt islands and public land via maps on the way down river. Bring the hip wadders, for when you get stuck on the sand bars, trying to get that monster buck to the boat landing. Just an idea. Good luck.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin