Attention Northern WI hunters

Fish

Attention Northern WI hunters

Postby Fish » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 am

Stop your deer from eating flowers!  Your screwing up our herd numbers.  lol.

You got to love the flower people here in the capital.  I had a lengthy discussion with a UW biologist this morning.  He got all into the natural balance of the forest and deer, how the deer numbers probably should be lower than 20 deer per mile of deer density up north.  Blah,blah,blah.  Apparently, there are botonists who study this stuff, who actually sit and watch these flowers grow and see deer eating them.  They also can determine what animal ate the flower by the way it was bitten.

Although whitetail probably have been in WI since the glaciers melted, apparently now the northern deer have turned against the pretty flowers and are trying to destroy them all.  We need a northern eradication zone ASAP!

I let him go thru his speel and threw this at him.  "Wouldn't proper land management with the use of selective cutting save most of these flowers by eliminating the large canapy which is killing the undergrowth."  He's response, ummmm, probably..  He then got into how recognized the botonist who study this are.  But like always, I had a smart --- follow up with, "didn't scientist tell us a few years ago than eggs and alcohol were bad but now we should have at least one a day?"  Why do people think we just fell off the turnip truck?

Just another smoke screen set by the government to justify their actions.  By the way, the two top flower people(botonist) in the UW are Don Woller and Tom Rooney.  Feel free to contact them, I am.  I need to see their data for WHU and deer management.

wack

RE: Attention Northern WI hunters

Postby wack » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 am

Makes me wonder if these are the same people in charge of getting rid of the marijuana growing on public land?

"Yea man, the marijuana is alllll gone. Now I'm watchin' the flowers grow...if you eat these mushrooms, the flowers will talk to you and these flowers over here all say they've been eaten by deer."[8|]

Ask him what role elk  caribou, moose and bison play and what plants suffer when they are missing?
American by birth, hunter by choice.

mtnman

RE: Attention Northern WI hunters

Postby mtnman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

Wack..you're a hoot!
Just about busted a gut on that one![8D]
(Florence Co., WI)

Return to Wisconsin