Out of state?

Goose

Out of state?

Postby Goose » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Any of you guys go hunting out of state? Every couple of years we go out of state for something. Nothing expensive or guided yet.

I've been to Colorado elk hunting and got skunked, seen some bulls and cows but only had a bull tag for a bull with 4pts on one side or eye guards.( this was the most expensive, we had an outfitter)

Went mule deer hunting in Wyoming, I was blessed with a 4x4  (4 of us went and we got 4 bucks) on public land

This past fall we went to Wyoming antelope hunting, paid the landowner for hunting his land and we got 18 total between 6 guys. 6 bucks and the rest does. This was the most fun hunt I've been on.

Next on the list is a WI bear(obviously not out of state) and after that I'm not sure yet.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

wack

RE: Out of state?

Postby wack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Been thinking about a cheap hog hunt down in Texas. Have a brother in law down there. I also have 5 WI bear points so hope I'll be hunting bear in Wisconsin soon.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

mtnman

RE: Out of state?

Postby mtnman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:53 pm

tHE BEST AND CHEAPEST WAY TO GO AND GET THE BEST INFORMATION ON WESTERN HUNTING ON PUBLIC LAND IS TO GET A SUBSCRIPTION OF EITHER EASTMANS' HUNTING JOURNAL, OR EASTMAN'S BOWHUNTING JOURNAL
(Florence Co., WI)

Return to Wisconsin