WHU

mtnman

WHU

Postby mtnman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:26 pm

As you may or may not know, WHU, or Wisconsin Hunters United, was spun off the post "A Call to Action".

The thoughts of many, brought a few to get this off the ground. We have come exceedingly far since it's inception less than 4 weeks ago. This all volunteer organization seeks to give all the deer hunters in the State of Wisconsin, the same say to how policy and management of the State's deer herd, as do politicians and agency staff.

As we are based locally and know the herds in our areas far better than any "model" can assume to be, we have the obligation to provide our insight to those making policy on deer populations and the tradition of deer hunting in the State of Wisconsin.

We invite you to visit the WHU web site, join for free, and visit our forums site and leave your two bits on deer hunting in Wisconsin and how you enjoy this tradition.

(Florence Co., WI)

buckhunter21

RE: WHU

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Again, props to all you guys for starting this up.  I just forwarded that message as well as the site address to a bunch of hunting buddies!
QDM!

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks for the thumbs up!
BTW... i saw your quote in the lastest issue of D&DHunting...page 6 in the Chatter column...you're famous!
(Florence Co., WI)

Fish

Postby Fish » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 am

Grrrrrr....I thought Jack would be on by now to give this news but I know he does get computer problems now and then.  I'll let Jack fill in what I've missed.

Jack was contacted by two Rep. of the Game and Fish Commission yesterday.  They have been organized resently to oversee pretty much everything we really care about.  The Rep.'s told us they would like to meet and draft a bill to put before the Assembly based on what we are trying to accomplish.  If we keep it to our current position, the commission will help with the drafting and completely support it in the Assembly.  But there is a catch.  We must get the public support.  The more members we have, the harder the can push it thru.  The bill will have WHU name on it.

So here it is, again.  I'm asking another Call to Action or better yet, A Battle Cry.  Every member of WHU must help rally our troops, contact business owners and distribute our information.  25,000 members people will listen, 50,000 members makes it hard not to vote, 100,000 plus, this commission basically can bulldoze it through.

We've all complained about government not hearing us.  We all want change.  Well, here is our chance.  We have the opportunity to do what we've planned.  We have the opportunity to do what many others have attempted in the past.  We can gain some control back on what we hold close to our hearts.

The DNR is meeting to set quota's and seasons as we speak.  Lets get this out there before final decisions are made.  We sense our movement may have influenced thing so far, lets make the real push.

wack

Postby wack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:07 am

I was just at the website and it says "some memberships may have been deleted". Do we all need to sign up again? I also couldn't get into the forum. It says" invalid security certificate." Hang in there Mntmn, we'll get ya some bug spray. They make computer bug spray? Maybe put your Thermocell next to the computer? Sorry, I know about as much as a Fish when it comes to websites and computers.
  Wisconsin Public Television sent me a bulk email reply saying my email would be fowarded to any number of departments. We'll see where it lands. 
American by birth, hunter by choice.

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 am

Some of the forms that were on the membership server were held in file that could not be accessed right way after that particular server issue. That server is back up and running, and all previous memberships are entered...so you are good to go...that notice has since been removed frm the web site...if you still see it, refresh your browser.

On the foums site...some browsers will get the "notice"  "Security alert: Domain name mismatch" when trying to log on.....since it is a secured server connection, some browsers question the access.  All you have to do is click OK to get to the site.
Hope that helps!
(Florence Co., WI)

wack

Postby wack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:38 am

Did you use the bug spray or Therocell? lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 pm

ORIGINAL: mtnman

BTW... i saw your quote in the lastest issue of D&DHunting...page 6 in the Chatter column...you're famous!

Yea, I saw that....Let me know if you want an autograph I'll mail you one! [:D]  lol
QDM!

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:27 pm

ORIGINAL: wack

Did you use the bug spray or Therocell? lol

I smell too much after a week in the deer woods without a shower...no need for bug spray!  Though I could have used one of those Thermocells thingys while hunting bear in Canada!
(Florence Co., WI)

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

ORIGINAL: mtnman

Yea, I saw that....Let me know if you want an autograph I'll mail you one! [:D]  lol

[color="#ff3333"]I'll have to send you out my copy of the mag...just to make it official![/color]
(Florence Co., WI)

Next

Return to Wisconsin