Open-Carry

mtnman

RE: Open-Carry

Postby mtnman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:54 am

ORIGINAL: wack

Question. In shotgun territory is it legal to use a rim fire rifle for coyote hunting. More specifically my 17 Cal. HMR in Winnebago county? 

According to my thoughts and the info regarding coyote huntin, and small agame in particular , it is legal to use rifles, regarding if caliber, See pages 5,16, and 17 at DNR small game regulations. The only thing I see is the prohibition of any rifle over 22 caliber rimfire or any 22 centerfire or larger during shotgun season. So...you are in the clear otherwise.
(Florence Co., WI)

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:23 am

I've called them on this as well regarding coyote hunting and I was told it was legal.

Have any of you tried the Chat with a Warden on their website? I've used it a couple of times and thought it was a great feature.   http://dnr.wi.gov/chat/
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:27 pm

I may check it out later...as it requires the use of Internet Explorer, a poorly designed an highly unsecure browser, I would be not viewing it unless I used Firefox.I have since it's exception used Netscape. i would also have to use my backup computer that uses Windows...my servers and main computers use Linux OS's
(Florence Co., WI)

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:58 pm

I actually did'nt realize we had an open carry law. Just never gave it any thought. So I learned something new. I also did'nt know I could boot the game warden off my property[:)] although I have never had any problems with any. I met our game warden when I went thru hunter education and he seemed to be a pretty decent guy. If he ever had to come thru my property I would hope he would stop just so we knew who it was.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Ignorance on the publics part is what politicians and some in law enforcement bet on to strip our rights.
Unless any form of government has a warrant to check private property, they are allowed only on invite. But remember..you invite them, and they can use anything they see against you. Kind of like someone suing you because they broke their leg slipping on your sidewalk when invited to your house for a party

That is the extreme....but it happens. Yep...the vast majority of wardens are decent guys(or gals)
(Florence Co., WI)

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

My buddy was out walleye fishing on Winnebago when he noticed that the Warden's boat was not working. Ended up being she ran out of gas, so he pulled her into the landing and went back to fishing.
The following day he was in the same spot fishing and here comes the same warden. She pulls up and what does she do? Checks his license and livewell along with everything else!

Hey Goose, maybe she had a crush on your buddy and he just didn't recognize it...Could have been the woman of his dreams!  LOL  [:D]
QDM!

wack

Postby wack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 am

There was a female warden on the lower WI river that checked my wife and I out. A girl with her own gun and handcuffs would be perfect for ya. lol I think they put her there with 2 male wardens to deal with the female topless  offenders straying to far from the nude beach. Guns have to be carried in the open, A "nice pair of guns" have to be covered up. [:-]
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin