Snowmokillers

Washburn

Snowmokillers

Postby Washburn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:11 am

This is getting old. And sick.
snowmobileslaughter
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

Patriot

RE: Snowmokillers

Postby Patriot » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 am

These folks are among the list below:
[ul][*]People I'd like an hour with alone in a room.  Me with a lead pipe.  Them with pain. (kind of like the board game Clue)[/ul]
Sorry....that's not very Christian of me, but that's my honest feeling about people like that.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:38 am

I feel remorse everytime I legally and ethically take the life of a living thing with bow/gun/rod.
It's incomprehensible to me how anyone can have such a complete disregard for life.
Had I witnessed this event I suppose I'd now be sitting in the Fond du Lac County Jail on charges of attempted murder.

Washburn
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:53 am

I agree with you on this...as I said before, as a hunter, and sportsman in general, and also a snowmobiler, I cannot tolerate this type of behavior...from anyone. And the punishment should fit the crime.
That being said, it is stated that it appeared that someone on a snowmobile had skimmed the small open body of water twice in the same spot. Not too brilliant and not what a snowmobiler would do..idiots yes. Also, they did not say that indeed the ducks were hit by a snowmobile. Just that there were dead ducks and a snowmobile track. There is no immediate sign that they were hit or run over by a snowmobile. The reason for the autopsies is to see if the deaths were attributable to something else such as toxic gasses or run-off from the drainage . It seems as the media is in a great hurry to make news without fact. We as hunters should know that well by now.
 I say we hold our opinions until such time we have the facts in the matter. Then, if it is so about a slaughter of wildlife, then go after the individual with a stack of lead pipes. Also, because ducks migrate, this would bring about possible Federal charges .
(Florence Co., WI)

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 am

Authorities are close to making arrests. It appears that the ducks were indeed run over by a snowmobile:

The break in the Fond du Lac case came when a man in his 30s from the Fond du Lac area called the DNR Wednesday evening, said George Protogere, a DNR warden supervisor.

The man was interviewed by the DNR, but Protogere said he could not discuss the interview in detail because the case is still being investigated.

Tracks in the snow where the ducks were found suggest that the snowmobiler who struck them skipped over open water, turned around and skipped over the water again, Protogere said.

Officials are hoping to speak with a second person who may have been present when the ducks were killed, Protogere said.

"We don't know that person's involvement," Protogere said. "We have to talk to that person to confirm the story. He could have just been an innocent partner who did nothing, but we don't know."

The man who contacted the DNR has not been arrested, Protogere said.

After interviewing the second person, investigators will meet with the Fond du Lac County district attorney's office to determine the next step in the case, he sa
id.

Washburn

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:51 am

as with the deer kill thing, I hope this is brought to closure as soon as possible, and those involved, if intentional, pay due course for their actions.
(Florence Co., WI)

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 am

These guys are really starting to make a bad name for us snowmobilers. I don't know what their problem is, but this nonsense needs to end.
Kyle

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 am

ORIGINAL: bigwisconsinbucks

These guys are really starting to make a bad name for us snowmobilers. I don't know what their problem is, but this nonsense needs to end.

I agree with you 100%. Since the vast majority of trails, both snowmobile and ATV, run across private land, one stupid incident by one stupid person on a snowmobile, can mean the trail closure for hundreds of thousands. Ruining decades of cooperation and work between landowners and volunteers with the snowmobile clubs in on fell swoop. But as many other things, this is a economic loss for the business and communities that rely on tourism. The volunteers provide us with trails to ride, at their own cost, and some idiot, usually never associated with any type of club, screws it up. Along with damage to wildlife and property
(Florence Co., WI)

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:07 am

Unbelievable.
moresnowmobilekilling
If it's too dark to see objects in your path perhaps you shouldn't be attempting to skip across the water.
What is it about snowmobilers and wildlife this winter?

Washburn

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:49 am

This is getting ridiculous. Pretty soon it's going to be that landowners won't let snowmobilers on there land or there is going to be a rule that you can't snowmobile after dark.  Either way somethings gotta change.

Next

Return to Wisconsin