Snowmokillers

69Viking

RE: Snowmokillers

Postby 69Viking » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 am

I think people are going to have to make sure the guilty persons are turned in and convicted or it could get ugly for Snowmobilers in Wisconsin.  Anyone with knowledge to anyone of the killings needs to speak to the authorities and tell them what they know. 

I'm with Washburn, I feel remorse every time I kill a deer but I know that it is an animal I killed to provide food for my family.  These senseless killings are an outrage. 

I also have the feeling I too would be arrested on assault charges should I ever witness something like this.  It's just disgusting to think what kind of persons are responsible for this.  As a hunter and someone who respects wildlife I will make sure I teach my sons to respect wildlife in the same manner as I and most hunters do.  I can't even type enough to explain how these incidents make me feel. 

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:15 am

I agree with you guys, this is getting ridiculous. I know it's just a few bad apples and I hate to slam all snowmobilers but it's getting frustrating.
We let let the trails go through our land in Waushara county and they always do something.
One summer my Grandpa and I planted hundreds of tree's out in one of our fields. Come winter the trail runs on the dirt road along this field, what do a couple of sleds do? Take a spin out in our field snapping many of our just planted trees right off.
It might just be a couple of people each year but every year somebody does it and it really tick's me off. A landowner does not benefit from letting these sleds on their land in any way.
It's only a matter of time before landowners start telling the clubs no and I cant say I really blame them.

Don't get me wrong I am not against snowmobiles or snowmobilers but just stating some facts from having them go through our land. I know most of them appreciate the trails and respect the landowners but there always seems to be those couple who don't and it doesn't matter who it is to the landowner.

There I feel better.....[8|]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 am

ORIGINAL: Washburn

Unbelievable.
moresnowmobilekilling
If it's too dark to see objects in your path perhaps you shouldn't be attempting to skip across the water.
What is it about snowmobilers and wildlife this winter?

Washburn

The question should be phrased...What is it about "Some of those ON snowmobiles" this winter?
We as hunters must remember those in our ranks that pull off stupid things. We would no longer judge ourselves by their actions as we should judge other groups by the action of a few.

Goose..I agree with you on the damage that some do...I open my property for trails to ATV's and Snowmobiles....the atvers do far more damage...but I do not blame all for the few..the local clubs do a good job with landowner, club care. They are usually the first ones to help the landowner with damage and finding those responsible. We had one part of a trail that was closed during late December, becaused the landowner did late season bowhunting. A couple of knuckleheads from Illinois, took the gate off the hinges and went through. The landowner shut off access. We found who they were and they were fined accordingly. The landowner again opened his land to the club for trail use again. It takes all kinds. Where has respect for others and their property gone? Seems not to be imbedded in some of our youth. But same goes for their elders also.
(Florence Co., WI)

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:09 pm

This is unbelievable...I love snowmobiling and just like hunting, it gives us a bad name.  As Goose stated, we too have a trail that runs through one of our properties.  Luckily nothing has happened yet, but if it did, I wouldn't think twice about shutting it down and making them re-route it. 
QDM!

bowhunter53

Postby bowhunter53 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 am

I think we need to keep this in perspective. There ducks, something you would gladly shoot during season. These guys need a good fine and loss of hunting privileges like any other poacher would get. The guys that killed the deer need some time in a mental institution, they are the kind of people that become hard core criminals. Reading some of these posts I thought I was of the PETA page for awhile. When I shoot an animal, I'm excited, happy, elated, I do not have a feeling of remorse or I would not hunt any more. We are predators, they are prey, we eat them and I enjoy the pursuit of them and the eating of them and have no remorse or quilt for either. 

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:41 am

PETA [8|][8|]

Sorry but I do not support thrill killing, I have a little more respect for these animals than that.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 am

Yeah, we all joined PETA yesterday, did'nt you get the memo? I think most of our perspectives are in order. This is not duck season. I also think that us hunters who do feel a bit of remorse when we take a life make us better people and better hunters. 
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bowhunter53

Postby bowhunter53 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 am

I in no way support thrill killing, but when we start talking about taking a lead pipe to some one for killing some ducks, that is messed up. I think we are way to worried about the anti's. I've been a farmer all my life (53 years). I've always had pets and treated them like part of the family but I know the difference between animals and humans. When I read about taking a lead pipe to some one for killing some ducks, I think that line is blurred.That's PETA's stance, animals are people too.

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:25 am

I think your taking it the wrong way, which often happens in this computer world.
Patriot is a stand up guy and passionate about wildlife. This thread is coming off of others where snowmobilers ran down deer and slaughtered them with their sleds then tied them up to tree's. He's venting and thats understandable IMO.

Jake

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:22 am

ORIGINAL: bowhunter53

I in no way support thrill killing, but when we start talking about taking a lead pipe to some one for killing some ducks, that is messed up. I think we are way to worried about the anti's. I've been a farmer all my life (53 years). I've always had pets and treated them like part of the family but I know the difference between animals and humans. When I read about taking a lead pipe to some one for killing some ducks, I think that line is blurred.That's PETA's stance, animals are people too.

It's obvious to most of us that Patriot was venting.  I also know that PETA can take the stance that hunters are no different than these criminals and that's just not the case.  I hunt to feed my family and respect all animals.  It is these acts that are senseless and should be prosicuted to the fullest extent of the law.  These people didn't just kill "some" ducks, try 50-60 of them or more.   

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin