T Zone

Goose

T Zone

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 am

The tzone for herd control units is Oct 16-19th what are your feelings on this? I certainly dont like it because Id rather bowhunt but at least its earlier this year and for those who dont bowhunt its a good oppurtunity to get their does for earn-a-buck.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

schlupis

RE: T Zone

Postby schlupis » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 am

I hate it I would rather have the archery season start a week later for the first t-zone. Let the masses go out and kill there doe early so the bow hunters can hunt the rut for a buck..

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Not a fan of the t-zone at all.  We didn't have it last year and I loved it!  This is bowhunting season.  Oh well what do you do it's the WI DNR?!  I'd prefer for them just to have the season in December!

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm

I agree it was nice not having it last year. There be 2 weekends in a row this year where you gotta wear orange in Oct. The youth hunt is the weekend before.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Yup, I did see that.  I don't think that will cause too much craziness around where I hunt but you never know....I am still for the late season.  We take enough deer as it is I can't see why we need two extra doe seasons?  What are your thoughts on the WI DNR?

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:56 pm

I dont know exactly. I dont like the way they handled cwd I think they did alot more damage than theyll ever admit. I dont like earn a buck because I dont feel that people should be made to kill something they dont want to on their own land. I dont like tzone in october either. BUT I do understand they have to keep everybody happy not just us bowhunters. They have farmers applying for crop damage that are saying there are to many deer around, they have insurance companies saying there are to many deer around, and they have suberbanites saying there are to many deer around. I think we have the best system for counting deer as far as registrating every deer goes. I think doe's do need to be handled and managed, there are other states where the doe's are not being managed and its starting to hurt certain counties. In summery they are definently not perfect but they also are not the worst. Would I love to see more deer on every sit? for sure! but the dnr has to worry about all the issues and I can understand that.
Jake

wack

Postby wack » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:52 am

not a big fan here either. All my scouting and early season hunting just went out the window. I haven't seen a deer since the 4 day gun hunt but I'm not giving up just yet.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Return to Wisconsin