Crossbow Hunting In Wisconsin

Bob Stout

Crossbow Hunting In Wisconsin

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 am

I've been crossbow hunting in Wisconsin since 2003 with a disabled crossbow permit.  Both of my shoulders are bad along with some other body parts but I still enjoy being out in the woods. 

There's a lot of propaganda being spewed about that are just down right lies about crossbows.

The truth is almost anyone can hunt with a crossbow.  This would allow longtime gun hunters and newcomers alike who aren't interested or just don't have the time it takes to learn to shoot a conventional bow to ARCHERY HUNT DEER DURING THE ARCHERY SEASON. 

If you can kill a deer using a shotgun, you can kill a deer using a crossbow and you'll have from September until January to do it.  No rush or pressure because you can take your time.

Vote YES for crossbows on April 11th.

Drhunter2k

RE: Crossbow Hunting In Wisconsin

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 pm

ORIGINAL: Bob Stout

The truth is almost anyone can hunt with a crossbow.  This would allow longtime gun hunters and newcomers alike who aren't interested or just don't have the time it takes to learn to shoot a conventional bow to ARCHERY HUNT DEER DURING THE ARCHERY SEASON. 

If you can kill a deer using a shotgun, you can kill a deer using a crossbow and you'll have from September until January to do it.  No rush or pressure because you can take your time.

Vote YES for crossbows on April 11th.

I will agree that alomost anyone can shoot a crossbow but to me, what makes ARCHERY SEASON archery season is the importance of learning and practicing to shoot a conventional bow. To use the excuse that you're not interested or don't have the time to learn to shoot a conventinal bow, in my opinion, is lame. I don't compare archery season to gun season. It's like comparing fishing with hook and line to spearfishing. Just not the same. Why would I want archery season to be like gun season?

Vote NO to crossbows on April 11th.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:58 pm

All the data from States and Canadian Provinces that have included crossbows in their archery seasons shows that all the crap information being put out by the so called "Traditional Archers" and Bow Hunters is just that, crap. 

There is no evidence that including crossbows increases harvests or pressure.  It is purely for selfish reasons that the Bow Hunting groups are pushing for no crossbows.  They don't want to share the rut with anyone, for some reason it has become their entitlement, and they ain't going to let it go away with out raising holy hell and spreading misinformation and slander.

Vote YES to crossbows on April 11th.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:37 pm

You hit that nail right on the head Dan. Ohio figured it out years ago.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 am

Yes, I strongly agree that Ohio figured it out years ago.  I've looked at the Ohio DNR web page and they cater to sportsman quite nicely in my opinion.  People living in Ohio are very fortunate.

Wisconsin is going to be offered the privilege to use a crossbow on April 11th. 

It's NOT a threat, it's an offering. 

No one will be forced to hunt using a crossbow BUT if you'd like to you'll be able to do so.  It will be an additional choice to what we already have.  It's an add-on/upgrade to our regulations.   

Whatever weapon someone else chooses to hunt with means very little too me.  The majority of the time, I get the same respect from my fellow hunters. 

Vote YES on April 11th.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 am

[font=arial]Vote no, vote yes, it wont matter. This is a legislative matter. That is where this will have to be played out, not the CC hearings. The CC results will be interesting but that's about it. By all means, turn out as we should always attend the hearings and speak our mind but don't expect those votes to result in change. (look at baiting and the DNR Sec. questions and a few others that got big-time support but never materialized in the legislature) [/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]I won't go into details about the legislative course of action and whats happening but by all means, do the whole spring hearing thing. [/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]Bob, I didn't see you at the crossbow federation booth at the deer expo, When I was there, the WISCONSIN crossbow federation booth was manned by guys from MN from the for-profit crossbow federation. Which crossbow Maker funded the booth space this year? [;)][/font][/align]

fullrut

Postby fullrut » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Vote No if there is a vote.
Let people hunt with a cross bow during the Gun season !

I find it hard to believe that Wi. would even consider this.

Retch -- Do everything and everything you can to keep people informed. ( This Dan salmon realy has an ax to grind and comes across as very Beligerent)
He can twist thing around however he wants-- But the majority of ethical hunters are strongly against his views. ( you can bet he voted for Obama )

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:26 pm

[font=arial]If I compiled a list of the "least of my worries" Dan would not even make the cut. This matter is going to be settled soon. I wont go into details. The whole thing gets put to rest soon enough and guys like Dan (that dont bowhunt) can lament other things that he does not partisipate in but is happy to tell you how it should be handled. In the legislative arena, his type is the easiest to deal with because they shoot their wad on chat rooms and are a non-entitiy where policy makers iron these things out. I will attend the hearing in my county (I always do) because of the entertainment value. [;)][/font]
[/align][font=arial][/font] 
[/align][font=arial]Everybody needs to remember why this question is being asked in the first place. This explains it perfectly. Its being done to fill chairs.[/font]
[/align][/align][font=arial][/font] 
[/align][font=arial]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBDlrmkBEo[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Lets say that its split 50% - 50% at the spring hearing,  Legislators will say.................... So! Thanks for the non-binding informational poll but we legislate, not you. The opinion of the CC by legislators is pretty clear. Its not enhanced by questions like this years question 64 which asks (by the CC itself)[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][left][font=arial]"introduce specific special interest legislation that circumvents or by-passes the grassroots ideals of the Conservation Congress (CC). In doing so, they deliberately and effectively keep the people of Wisconsin out of the debate on those issues. Wisconsin is currently the only state to have such a grassroots organization to advise the Natural Resources Board and the department on Natural Resources issues. The DNR and the NRB have shown great respect for this process and have demonstrated their willingness to work through the CC. [/font][/left][font=arial]Would you support legislation requiring the procedure of allowing the Conservation Congress process of public input on all matters concerning conservation, hunting, fishing, trapping, habitat, wildlife, land and water issues to take place before a law on these matters can be acted on by the legislature?" [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D][/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Do you understand what the CC is asking here? They want the legislature to legislate themselves out of legislating. You cant make this stuff up. [:D] [:D][/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]What do you think the legislature thinks fo the CC insisting elected lawmakers check with the CC before doing their jobs? [;)][/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial][/font] 
[/align]

wurzgj01

Postby wurzgj01 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

N/A

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Never vote with your heart. Alway vote with your mind. Look at it from all angles and most importantly, think about the future. Dont just vote for the now.

Next

Return to Wisconsin