Crossbow Hunting In Wisconsin

retch sweeny

Re: Crossbow Hunting In Wisconsin

Postby retch sweeny » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Bob Stout wrote: Nonetheless, crossbows and crossbow hunting will be coming to Wisconsin soon enough.

You are correct. But getting it right once and for all takes time. Stay tuned. ;)

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm

This ought to be good...

What are you working on Retch, a constitutional amendment?

Were you out getting signatures during the recall efforts and banking on people not knowing what they were signing? ;)

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Promoting, protecting and preserving the archery deer season is a big deal to bowhunters. Just find one and ask him and he will explain it to you. It takes a lot of work and much thoughtful consideration to get it just right.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat May 07, 2011 6:00 am

Its funny that you should say that. I have quite a few Bow Hunter friends that are very heavily involved in Hunting and Conservation Organizations and none of them are members of WI Bow Hunters.

It leads one to believe that there must be some sort of conflict of interest or I'm certain they'd at the very least be dues paying members. Or, you'll blow it off and say that they are misguided souls and not serious Bow Hunters, because we're certain you know personally, each and every serious bow hunter in the state, right?

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Sat May 07, 2011 6:33 am

Dan, when I read any post using the term "bowhunter", I interchange the word "narcissist".

It makes what they're trying to convey more clear.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat May 07, 2011 10:37 am

You guys are way to sour. Buck up. Stop searching for tall buildings or buying rope. The future is bright. I'm spending a day off smoking a bunch of Pork butt. Take a day off of your sorrowfull lamenting and get away from the computer pouting and find something that will cheer you up. ;)

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 am

retch sweeny wrote:Take a day off of your sorrowfull lamenting and get away from the computer pouting and find something that will cheer you up. ;)

Retch, instead of just handing out advice, try taking some of your own.

I enjoyed all of the mention of crossbows in the spring edition of the wbh magazine. Talk about hate and discontentment...you and the prez have the market cornered. Crossbow hunting is NOTHING like you guys are attempting to portray it as.

Same as most crossbow haters, you know next to nothing about crossbow hunting and it clearly shows in your writings.

When crossbows become legal for all, crossbows will become the dominant choice of hunting bow & arrow for the masses.

Maybe then even you, retch, can learn what it means to be a crossbow hunter. You clearly have no idea at this point.

Fish

Postby Fish » Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks Bob for clearly pointing out the separation between "crossbow hunting/hunters" and bowhunters. Your not helping your cause and I suggest you remove the bolt so you stop shooting yourself in the foot ;)
fish

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 am

Bob Stout wrote:
retch sweeny wrote:Take a day off of your sorrowfull lamenting and get away from the computer pouting and find something that will cheer you up. ;)

Retch, instead of just handing out advice, try taking some of your own.

I enjoyed all of the mention of crossbows in the spring edition of the wbh magazine. Talk about hate and discontentment...you and the prez have the market cornered. Crossbow hunting is NOTHING like you guys are attempting to portray it as.

Same as most crossbow haters, you know next to nothing about crossbow hunting and it clearly shows in your writings.

When crossbows become legal for all, crossbows will become the dominant choice of hunting bow & arrow for the masses.

Maybe then even you, retch, can learn what it means to be a crossbow hunter. You clearly have no idea at this point.

I bought my first crossbow back in 1982. I shot the heck out of that thing and still have it. Since then I have purchased 2 more (both Hortons) one recurve and one compound. I have been making bolts, shooting, modifying and testing crossbows for decades. Now my father uses one for crossbow hunting. I hunt with him either in the same blind or nearby calling, rattling videoing, etc. I have been on many crossbow hunting outings. I have shoot several brands of crossbows over the years including Excalibur, Parker and ten point. I wonder if there is a person in WI with as much direct, hands on crossbow experience as I have had over nearly 30 years. Likewise, I have been bowhunting for 34 years with recurves, longbows and compound and have been a competitive archer since 1977 in leagues, tournaments and 3D. All this experience coupled with the work I have been doing on various committees related to WI deer herd management, CWD, Goasl, EAB, SAK, etc, allows me to have a very comprehensive background into the matter of full inclusion as it relates to the archery deer season. You are an unhappy and uninteresting person Bob. Essentially a sour dullard doing little to change the situation yet lamenting those that are involved beyond a chat room. My writings captured the situation accurately which is why your normal level of whining has increased 2 fold. ;)

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 am

retch sweeny wrote: I bought my first crossbow back in 1982. I shot the heck out of that thing and still have it. Since then I have purchased 2 more (both Hortons) one recurve and one compound. I have been making bolts, shooting, modifying and testing crossbows for decades. Now my father uses one for crossbow hunting. I hunt with him either in the same blind or nearby calling, rattling videoing, etc. I have been on many crossbow hunting outings. I have shoot several brands of crossbows over the years including Excalibur, Parker and ten point. I wonder if there is a person in WI with as much direct, hands on crossbow experience as I have had over nearly 30 years. Likewise, I have been bowhunting for 34 years with recurves, longbows and compound and have been a competitive archer since 1977 in leagues, tournaments and 3D. All this experience coupled with the work I have been doing on various committees related to WI deer herd management, CWD, Goasl, EAB, SAK, etc, allows me to have a very comprehensive background into the matter of full inclusion as it relates to the archery deer season. You are an unhappy and uninteresting person Bob. Essentially a sour dullard doing little to change the situation yet lamenting those that are involved beyond a chat room. My writings captured the situation accurately which is why your normal level of whining has increased 2 fold. ;)

Where is all of this happening? On your home planet of Oh, Yeah, Sure?

I know, I know, retch, you've even taken pope and young bucks and not registered them with the org because you're too humble!

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin