NRB approves revised EAB and no Oct. herd control

retch sweeny

RE: NRB approves revised EAB and no Oct. herd control

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:39 pm

[font=arial]I was not aware you are a frisbeetarian. I look forward to seeing you during high holy week coming up. Mochinchto to you and yours Bob.[/font][/align]

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:10 am

Finally got a chance to sit down and actually read this from end to end. 

The package was supported by representatives of the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation, Wisconsin Conservation Congress, Wisconsin Bowhunters Association and Wisconsin Hunters Rights Coalition.

Ok, so WWF and the CC are on board.

"I'm concerned that if you vote against this package, you will increase the likelihood that tools will be taken away from the department," said George Meyer, executive director of the Wisconsin Wildlife Federation.

But wait, it seems that they are only on board with this because their hand has been forced?

"We've been down this road before," said board chairman Jonathan Ela. "With these regulations, we're poised for an increase in deer numbers."

&
"If we take this action today, what we are doing is basically guaranteeing that the percentage of animals with CWD in the deer herd will go up and the geographical range of CWD will expand," said board member Christine Thomas.

And it seems that the NRB is doing this despite resevations, a forced hand?

I hope everyone is willing to take the blame for bad things when they happen now.  It's no longer in the hands of the DNR, they've knuckled under, now the only people to blame are hunters. 

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 am

Whats new? Hunters have always been to blame. We have heard it said that the DNR is not pulling the trigger, hunters are. We hear that the DNR only asked hunters to kill one doe to earn a buck sticker, nobody said they had to kill 4, 5, 6 does just because they were issued tags. We heard that hunters don’t hunt as hard as they used to. They used to make drives and now they just sit in condos overlooking bait plots. We hear that hunters only hunt until noon on Sunday and then watch the Packer game and don’t hunt hard enough. We hear that hunters are just not shooting enough deer. Hunters have always been to blame for either over killing or under killing. This doesn’t change a thing.

Truth be told, there is only one group that has ever managed the deer herd. (hunters) Every time we pull the trigger or release an arrow, we are making a management decision at the local level. We have told the DNR we will not kill deer down to a goal we don’t agree with. Hunters have always been to blame and have always held the trump cards. In our unit, if we are told to kill we have to kill more deer or have EAB, we will go elsewhere to kill those does (public lands) because we dont agree with management prescriptions they apply and want to impose on our lands. We will determine the deer desnsity that we agree with and we will maintain that level. If the DNR wants to be effective, they need to issue private land owners tags differently from public land tags. I think you will see that soon.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 am

Absolutely what I've been warning about.  European style game management and the end of hunting in America as we know it.  That's just what we need, it's not bad enough that we've got all these damn roundabouts in our roads, now we, the people won't be able to hunt without paying through the nose to do it.  Why don't you just take all of our guns away as well. 

Wisconsin Bow Hunters, doing more to destroy hunting in Wisconsin that HSUS or PETA could ever hope to do.  Thank you.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

Now that is a nonsensical, emotional, over reaction if I ever heard one. Hyperbole is the greatest thing in the world, aint it? [:D] [:D] [:D]

Slow down a bit, try to become a thinker instead of a reactionary. (and for gawds sake get involved beyond your computer screen) and you might begin to understand.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:06 am

Then explain it to me o'mighty oracle. 

If not here then through PM.  I've got nothing to prove by leaking any private information and will give you my word that it won't go any farther than a private discussion between two people.  

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 am

Its all contained here in several threads. There is no reason to go to PM. just read, open your mind and be a thinker. there is a new bowhunting Governor, new members of the NRB (including a life long bowhunter and supporter of sportsmen) and a new DNR that will treat hunters like customers instead of criminals and is listening to hunters. The sportsmen of WI are well positioned and have a bright future. Why this would upset you is odd.

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:20 am

ORIGINAL: retch sweeny

. there is a new bowhunting Governor, new members of the NRB (including a life long bowhunter and supporter of sportsmen) and a new DNR that will treat hunters like customers instead of criminals and is listening to hunters. The sportsmen of WI are well positioned and have a bright future. Why this would upset you is odd.

So if you only buy a license for the for years PRIOR to being elected that makes you a bowhunting governor? Sounds like a political move....Be a hunter for 4 years to GET elected....Bowhunting governor, NRB bowhunter and supporter of sportsman...as long as you BUY a crossbow from him so he can call you a slob hunter...do sportsman NEED THAT kind of support? Sounds like the minority hunters running the majority!! Just what the WBH is used to!!! Politics & private agenda's as usual!!!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:25 pm

I’ll bet that upsets those out of staters the have never lived or hunted in WI huh? Man, what a bummer. [:@]

It was so much better when we had an anti gun governor that never hunted a day in his life. and a DNR Sec. that was also not a sportsman but rather an lawyer from the prison system. Ah, good times .......... good times.

If only we could go back to those good old days huh Timmy? Oh well. Looks like hunters will just have to deal with this hand we have been dealt for the comming years. [:D] [:D]

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Whatever.  All this politicking is getting to the point that a deer just isn't worth all the hassle anymore.  I'll spend my money to hunt in other states or for other species.

Bird hunting seems to be a better use of my time more and more...

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin