NRB approves revised EAB and no Oct. herd control

Bob Stout

RE: NRB approves revised EAB and no Oct. herd control

Postby Bob Stout » Sun May 01, 2011 8:45 am

Dan, these people aren't very interesting in general and they're treating the *sport* as if it were a religion. 

It gets others to notice them.  The very same tactics 8 year old school boys use.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun May 01, 2011 7:30 pm

ORIGINAL: Dan Salmon

Whatever.  All this politicking is getting to the point that a deer just isn't worth all the hassle anymore.  I'll spend my money to hunt in other states or for other species.

Bird hunting seems to be a better use of my time more and more...

I agree. Taking your ball and going home does has its merits. Good luck with the birds. [;)]

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun May 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Oh, believe me, I'll keep letting everyone know what I think of things, being a taxpayer in this state and all. 

I may just not participate in the hunt.

It's my choice how I spend my money, and up to me to make it known how I see fit for my tax dollars to be spent?

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun May 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Yes and sharing those opinions here does so much good. That is the problem with the majority of sportsmen in this state. Apathy or wasting their time complaining where it does no good. How many days do you spend hunting a year? How many days do you spend at the capitol?

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun May 01, 2011 10:35 pm

I don't have a job that allows much time away and what time I do get away is spent with family and the little bit of hunting that I get to do. 

I do take the time to hand write correspondence to Local, State and Federal politicians about issues I have a vested interest in and my opinion as to how they should be representing me.  This is more, than the vast majority of people do, about any issue.  I agree that complaining/arguing on a internet forum has little effect to politicians, but it can change the minds of myself and others with other input from people in other circumstances and maybe get someone that has never written a letter to their representatives to write a letter or got to the capital. 

Email and form letters written by political activism wings of the NRA, etc. have little clout in my mind to a politician (they wouldn't do much to sway my opinion if I were in their position).  To my way of thinking, it doesn't take any time or brains to cut/paste a talking point that someone else has given thousands of people and therefore little credence is probably given to those circumstances. 

For the record, Retch, I don't hate you or Bow Hunters, I just don't agree with the things you try to change/prevent from changing or how you try changing them.  The great thing about this place is we can agree to disagree.  As you put it before, I can take my ball and walk away.  I can take that ball and put it in play in some other way or activity, that is purely a personal decision and the way it should be. 

So, I guess, keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.  In the end someone will get things the way they want them, someone will have to deal with the way things are and make a decision as to what their next move will be.  Does this sound familiar?  It's been working this way for a couple hundred years here in this country.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am

ORIGINAL: Dan Salmon

For the record, Retch, I don't hate you or Bow Hunters, I just don't agree with the things you try to change/prevent from changing or how you try changing them.  The great

It would be pretty sad if you did. You will want to know I have the exact opposite of hate for you. (you might have to Google it) [:D]

Previous

Return to Wisconsin