3 new members appointed to the WI NRB

retch sweeny

3 new members appointed to the WI NRB

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Greg Kazmierski is a good pick:

Gregory Kazmierski, Mukwonago, is the owner and operator of Buck Rub Outfitters, Ltd., an archery range and retail store in Pewaukee. He grew up on a Wisconsin dairy farm in Mukwonago and in the 1970s was a licensed well driller. He is a cofounder of the Wisconsin Hunters’ Rights Coalition, current president of the Safari Club International Dairyland Committee of the Wisconsin Chapters, and is a former Wisconsin Bowhunters Association board member and chapter president and WBH life member.

http://www.thewheelerreport.com/rele...8walkerdnr.pdf

Sonds like a real win for the sportsmen of WI. Who whould have seen this comming?? [;)]

retch sweeny

RE: 3 new members appointed to the WI NRB

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am

[blockquote]An interview with the newest member of the WI Natural Resourses Board. "Kaz"

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/living/99552199.html [/blockquote]

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 am

I wonder, is this the first time the NRB has had someone on their board who is a crossbow dealer?

This will be interesting to watch when all of the 55 year old and older/more mature archery hunters come pouring into his store.  They'll be buying spanking new crossbows along with ALL of the accessories ($$$$$). 

It's funny how the smell of money (sniff, sniff) changes things. 

Not funny ha ha...just funny!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 am

We discussed this as we drove together to the NRB hearing and the Assembly hearing on Wednesday. His archery dealership is 5 miles from my house and he and I sat on the DNR's CWD board, Deer population goal board and the EAB alternative board and we have worked together on other deer related matters. He was also present at the WBH annual business meeting and directors meeting in March (he used to be on the WBH board and is a life member) so we have spent a great deal of time discussing crossbows. I think the news article I linked says it well when they quoted him saying.

"I'm not for legalizing crossbows for anybody during archery season. I know all about them. They are superior and more efficient. You don't have to hold the (draw) weight of the bow. Typically if I sell somebody a crossbow, we'll have it sighted in for them. They walk out there on the range and shoot a bull's eye. It doesn't require the participation that it does to be an archer."

"there's the guys that I would kind of call slob hunters. They always look for the easiest, best way they can to do the least amount of effort, and I would have concerns with that. The law states 30 pounds is a legal bow. I see very few guys that legitimately, even with a doctor's permit, who couldn't pull and handle a 30 pound bow. That's the other frustrating side."

I've known Kaz for a long time. I am in no way unclear about his position on crossbows. He does however support the laws that allow the elderly and handicapped to use a xbow. He has also made his opinion known on lowering the age to 55. [;)]
Last edited by retch sweeny on Sat May 07, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 am

The law establishes minimum standards, not individuals with an axe to grind.  I hope, for the greater good of hunting in this state, that his decisions that will affect the masses are not clouded by his own agenda, same goes for the other (2) appointees. 

It is fine to take a higher ethical standard than minimum standards and I'm all for him being able to make that choice for himself.  I don't personally know "Kaz", but I'll believe him to be a stand up guy until he proves otherwise.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:41 am

[font=arial]You wont find on the NRB a more knowledgeable person in regards to archery and bowhunting and public opinon in regards to both. Its been his lifes work. His side job has been deer hunting regulations and monitoring the DNR. This was a perfect fit and is a real win for deer hunters and bowhunters in WI.[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]The good news however does not stop here. Stay tuned for more great news for deer hunters and bow howhunters. Like every trip to the Capitol, this most recent one was chock full of things to look forward too.[/font][/align][/align]

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

ORIGINAL: retch sweeny

[font="arial"][size="2"]"[font="times new roman"][size="3"]there's the guys that I would kind of call slob hunters. They always look for the easiest, best way they can to do the least amount of effort, and I would have concerns with that. [/size][/font][/size][/font]

It's a shame he feels this way about some of his cash paying customers and fellow hunters.  Thanks, retch for making this clear.  It's good information to know up front.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Glad I could help. [:D]

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am

ORIGINAL: retch sweeny

[/align][/align][/align][font=arial]"[/font]I'm not for legalizing crossbows for anybody during archery season. I know all about them. They are superior and more efficient. You don't have to hold the (draw) weight of the bow. Typically if I sell somebody a crossbow, we'll have it sighted in for them. They walk out there on the range and shoot a bull's eye. It doesn't require the participation that it does to be an archer."

[/align][/align][font=arial]and [/font]

[/align][font=arial][/font] [font=arial]"[font="times new roman"][size=100]there's the guys that I would kind of call slob hunters. They always look for the easiest, best way they can to do the least amount of effort, and I would have concerns with that. The law states 30 pounds is a legal bow. I see very few guys that legitimately, even with a doctor's permit, who couldn't pull and handle a 30 pound bow. That's the other frustrating side."[/font][/size][/font]

[/align]

[/align][/align]

He owns a shop yet is uneducated in the crossbow HE chooses to sell! If he were a man of principal he would not even sell crossbows! He does not care for them and is uneducated about their usage & effectivness. But the most damning of all is his attitude towards his customers & fellow hunters. He sells them a crossbow "takes their money" then attacks them behind their back. If this guy were principialed he would not sell his Excalibers to the hunters of Wisconsin! Be a man & stand up for what YOU feel is right do not let the almighty dollar cloud your position! He accepts the crossbow for "slobs" as long as it puts money in his pocket!! No mention of the crossbow's possible effect on the herd ( because you have none!)just the tired old social & personal agenda retoric. 

It appears you don't want anyone with an education in herd management on any panels....Just people with political & personal agenda's!! It does not bode well for the MAJORITY of hunters in WI. You speak of 3 appointee's yet you only list the former WBH board member. Is he the only one of the three that share your anti crossbow position? So now we have a snowmobiler, an attorney & an "unprincipaled"  money grabbing schiester working for the hunters of WI!!! It's all about the money and personal agenda!! Political appointee's & political favors has no place in the DNR & the sportsmen & women will find this out sooner than later. Managing the herd based on political favors & personal agenda's is a recipe for disaster!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks Mr. Pennsylvania resident that has never lived or hunted in WI. You will want to know that he will serve on this board for the next 6 years.

Next

Return to Wisconsin