Tiger Ridge

bullwinkle

Tiger Ridge

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 am

Had some time to burn yesterday (with the fine Wis weather we have been having) and went to the Tiger Ridge web site. Noticed they have finally sold a few parcels. Their restrictions have been also modified big time - now it is strongly encouraged to join their trophy management rules.

Does anyone know anything details about the land values, neighbors opinions (since the rules changed) and their harvest info? Maybe it is a good D&DH update article - was this project deemed a success, what is happening now?

This is a great area for growing deer, I am kind of surprised they struggled selling this property. I had inquired 2 years about about buying a couple of 40's but couldn't get comfortable with someone else telling me what to do on my land. It doesn't look to me that the D&DH make-over parcel has sold either? I might be wrong, it has been a while since I looked at this

Interested in what is going on if anyone has some info

Osty

RE: Tiger Ridge

Postby Osty » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 pm

That area is great for deer. The price of property has gone up significantly since I bought some in 1999. I've seen $1,000 per acre going for $4,000-6,000 per now. With the current economic situation, I'm sure there are more sellers than buyers.

My thought is this: If I buy the property, I decide what to do with it because it's my money. I love hunting and I will take the first legal deer I see. If I became more successful I would probably increase my standards. In this situation, it looks like it would be a "gentlemen's" understanding about hunting in the area. I'm not opposed to that but like I said, I am going to harvest the first legal deer I can because I've got mouths to feed.

Return to Wisconsin