Land Management

wack

RE: Land Management

Postby wack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 am

DoeEyed, here's another link you can check out. http://www.kestersnursery.com/

They specialize in wildlife food plots and aquatic plants and they're located near Omro on 116 between Omro and Winneconne.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:55 am

Thanks wack, I'll check that out as well. I have no equipment for food plots but would like to put in something for the deer even if I have to wait for it to dry up and take a rake out there.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:11 am

Well I think I have our plans finally done...(key word is think)

Main Field- round up ready soybeans planted end of May and then over seeded with winter rye in August
2 logging roads- Alpha Rack Plus planted in May
Marsh edge- Durana clove planted when we can get a tractor to it
little plot leading to the field- Dwarf Essex Rape and Rye planted end of July
30 yards into field on 3 edges- Shot Plot planted end of July

Went and gave the tractor a tune up yesterday, cant wait for spring!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:35 am

Sounds like a great plan Goose.  I'm still debating what I want to do.  Waiting for my old man to decide what he's planting this year and then I'll go off of that.  I think I really want to put in some Biomaxx though again....That stuff worked wonders last year!!!!

I planted some Alpha Rack plus last year....Just make sure you absolutely have the right pH and enough sunlight, especially since you're planting it on logging roads. 

Can't wait till spring....[:D]
QDM!

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 am

planted some Alpha Rack plus last year....Just make sure you absolutely have the right pH and enough sunlight, especially since you're planting it on logging roads.

I've heard that as well, one logging road is pretty open and will get enough sun for sure, the other one will be planted on the end of it and its a mature pine plantation so it should get enough filtered sun. ( I hope )
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:41 pm

I'm gonna try to get a soil sample sent in this week, then hopefully get it limed.
It's getting closer.........

Jake

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:44 am

Yea, I'm getting pumped...What time does everyone plant around here?
QDM!

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 am

depending on frost, water, and temps...about the first of April..can be sooner or later
(Florence Co., WI)

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:23 am

We'll probably put the beans in around Memorial day. We will be breaking ground before that though with getting new spots ready and working the lime in.
Jake

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:03 am

ORIGINAL: mtnman

depending on frost, water, and temps...about the first of April..can be sooner or later

mtnman, you're talking WI correct?  that sounds really early to plant...i'd be interested to know your secret! [:D]
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin