Land Management

gunther89

RE: Land Management

Postby gunther89 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:35 pm

I don't know about anyone else but here in Sauk county we have been getting rain pretty much every couple of days.  We planned to have our clover plots in by now but since everything is so wet, we haven't been able to.  Hopefully it dries out a bit so we can get our plots in.

Bullwinkle:  I too was wondering about planting peas instead of soybeans but my cousin and I decided we were going with what we knew the deer would eat and that's soybeans.
Scott

bullwinkle

Re: Land Management

Postby bullwinkle » Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 pm

I ended up buying a acre of rye and 2 acres of iron clay peas. I will post the results on my head to head trials

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Well BWB and I were able to get 2 of our clover plots planted this past weekend. We had some bad luck as our disk broke so we only put 2 of our 3 clover plots in. We also were able to mow and spray our future 1 acre soybean field.
Scott

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Do any of think this year is gonna be a good year for crops? And its good to see people are still posting here about stuff other than bitchin about the government. :roll:
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Well, it's good to be back on here again.

I just about have everything planned out as far as what I'm planting, but need a few tweaks yet. I got a hold of someone that sells Eagle Forage Beans close to me, thanks to Mr. Schmidt, so I think I'm planting two acres of that. More PowerPlant. Corn....Might even try mixing some regular forage beans with corn too this year. Then I'm going back and forth on one or two other forages to plant. Possibly oats and something else....Any ideas? Like it to be some kind of annual.
QDM!

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Well BWB and I will be planting our bean field this Friday and I have a question about inoculant. Do you just mix it with water and spray it on or is there a different way to put it on?
Scott

eberhaar863828

Postby eberhaar863828 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 am

Where did you get a hold of the Eagle Seed Soybeans?
Ducks

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Does anyone know anything about the new Brillon no till 6' drill. I hear you can plant corn, soybeans, grain and small seeds all in one unit - $14K? Sounds like the perfect implement?

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Wow, really? That's a wide range of seed sizes. Pretty impressive and probably worth every penny if it works.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Thu May 19, 2011 6:58 pm

I planted Eagle last year - the inoculant - I took a spray bottle and did a light water mist on the beans then mixed the inoculant in - worked great

Planting my plots over Memorial Day weekend - peas have more protein than soybeans. I have a head to head trial laid out with forage soybeans against eagle against iron clay peas

I normally plant clover in the fall but I sprayed about one and a half mile of logging road - I bought some shade tolerant clover to hopefully add some acreage - it will spread out my deer but my plots get mowed down to putting green level in the fall, the more acreage will hopefully keep more does on the property

Can't wait

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin