The truth behind asking the crossbow question again

msbadger

RE: The truth behind asking the crossbow question again

Postby msbadger » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 am

Ooopppsss...there for a minute....I thought I'd stumbled into a NYS forum....sooo we aren't alone in having CB issues tearing the hunting community to shreds....hhhmmm little comfort in that[&o]

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Don't you guys know when enough is enough?  Its obvious no one's opinion are going to change!
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

How bout dem Packers, Eh! Oh, I see some hosers are still fightin bout dem darn crossbows here.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

crossbowdavio

Postby crossbowdavio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 am

two questions for you retch
1. why do you hate crosbows so much? compare one top of the line to a new top of the line bow on a chronograph and with a decibel meter and time your self taking three shots with each shooting as fast as you can you will see the disadvantages with crossbows I 'll concede that it is easier when hunting as you wont have all of the movement associated with drawing a regulra bow
2. what do you have against increased attendance at the spring meetings?
it seems to me that the more people that show up the better the chance that the majority opinion of the people will be represented
at a time when hunter numbers are decreasing we should be in favor of methods that might recruit new hunters or retain people that may otherwise quit hunting

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 am

Welcome new member. Love the name. I wonder where you come down on this? [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 am

I have shot cross bows and they don't impress me. I still think I can out hunt and shoot someone shooting a cross bow - especially out of a tree stand. It they have a covered blind and shooting rail - I think they would have the advantage.

If they want to fill their bow tag by shooting a cross bow - I am ok - I will not change what I do

I would rather get all hunters together fighting wolves and eliminating baiting - plant food plots instead - it is the natural way. Plus with corn prices and shortages, we need the corn to feed people and make ethanol.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin