The truth behind asking the crossbow question again

retch sweeny

RE: The truth behind asking the crossbow question again

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 pm

[font=arial][font="times new roman"][size=100][font=arial][size=2]
1. [/font]No, I don't agree with it. 
[/size][/font][/size][/font] 

[/align][font=arial]So we agree and that's why I started the thread.

[/align] 
2. [font="times new roman"][size=100]No, just because it is controversial is not a legitimate reason.  The last time it was brought up however it was a close margin and over time, minds change.  That is a legitimate reason.
[/font]

[/align]False, the last time it was brought up at the CC hearings, this question was rejected by 70% of voters. That is not a close margin by any standard But we agree creating controversy is not a legitimate reason to ask again and that's why I started this thread.  

3. [font="times new roman"]No, I don't blame you for the controversy. 

[font=arial][size=2]Then we agree.
[/font]

[/size][/font]
4. I don't truly think most care one bit why some of the questions are on the ballot or not.  

[/align]Based on emails and PM's I'm getting there is plenty of concern for what was done and why.

[/align]
[/align]

5. [font="times new roman"]One guy stood up and made the speech that has been recorded and now put on the internet and distributed by WBH out of context. [/font][font="times new roman"] 

Not sure why you would think this is in any way related to WBH. Was WBH mentioned in the video? Did WBH put out the video? You are grasping and reaching with that one. A private citizen recorded the meeting acting on his own behalf. I understand your desire to make this something it is not and to distract but to hope to create fault with WBH is a stretch.[/font]
[/align]  
6. [font="times new roman"]Yes, I do.  And I also believe that there is a lot of crap that is made up to benefit specific special interest groups.  Doesn't make it right, does it?  The man that made the speech will get his judgment at the next elections.  But for WBH to throw out speculation and misinformation solely to discredit the CC for not carrying their water is traitorous to the WI hunter as a whole and is the reason for the Judas reference that I will not apologize for. 
[/font] 

[/align][font="times new roman"][font=arial][size=2]Again with reaching. WBH did nothing. This is not a product of WBH. [font=arial][size=2]This matter was created by the CC and was recorded in the minutes of the meeting and stored on the DNR web site and somehow you hope to misdirect this towards WBH because of some sort of grudge you hold against the org. [/font]It would be good to stay on topic rather than trying to create straw arguments and manufacture blame. Your outrage is misplaced and misdirected. You disagree with was the CC did. You dont think they created the question for legitimate reasons but you hope to create some alternate reality that somehow involves WBH rather than dealing with the facts. [font=arial]To be honest, this was a sort of set up. I was antisipating you would try to link this to WBH because I was the person to post this. IT took you a bit longer than I expected.[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font] 

[/align][font="times new roman"][font=arial][size=2]Thank you for answering the questions. It seems we agree on quite a bit.[/font]

[/align][/size][/font][/size][/font]

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

[font=arial]Don't get me wrong Dan. I fully understand your desire to make this about everything and anything EXCEPT what this truly about. You want to make this about WBH. or you want to make this about me or you want to cry foul they this information is public or whatever so long as you can talk about anything BUT what took place and why the question was manufactured by the CC to create controversy and to fill seats. This really is not a topic that warrants much discussion at all since its just a telling of what got us here and why. Trying to take it off topic doesnt change what took place.[/font][/align]

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Your spin skills are very good grasshopper, as you are now putting words in my mouth.  It's pretty hard to argue with a person with words coming out both sides of their mouth.  I guess that I have more faith in the average guy than you and is apparent by the sheer volume of misinformation and propaganda you peddle.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens in April.  Until then, I will continue to challenge all the words from on high that you profess to be good for one and all.

I'm certain hunters in Wisconsin have also grow tired of being told what and how to do things by the few who think they know everything.

I guess that in the end Retch, I'm worried for your well being.  I mean with the government out of the way, there is very little need for a political liaison, isn't there? 

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 pm

ORIGINAL: retch sweeny

[font="arial"][size="2"][font="times new roman"][size="3"][font="arial"][size="2"]
1. [/size][/font]No, I don't agree with it. 

[font="arial"][size="2"]So we agree and that's why I started the thread.

2. [font="times new roman"][size="3"]No, just because it is controversial is not a legitimate reason.  The last time it was brought up however it was a close margin and over time, minds change.  That is a legitimate reason.
[/size][/font]

False, the last time it was brought up at the CC hearings, this question was rejected by 70% of voters. That is not a close margin by any standard But we agree creating controversy is not a legitimate reason to ask again and that's why I started this thread.  

3. [font="times new roman"][size="3"]No, I don't blame you for the controversy. 

[font="arial"][size="2"]Then we agree.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]
4. I[size="3"] don't truly think most care one bit why some of the questions are on the ballot or not.  
[/size] 

[size="3"]Based on emails and PM's I'm getting there is plenty of concern for what was done and why.[/size]

[size="3"]
[/size] 
5. [font="times new roman"][size="3"]One guy stood up and made the speech that has been recorded and now put on the internet and distributed by WBH out of context. [/size][/font][font="times new roman"][size="3"] 

Not sure why you would think this is in any way related to WBH. Was WBH mentioned in the video? Did WBH put out the video? You are grasping and reaching with that one. A private citizen recorded the meeting acting on his own behalf. I understand your desire to make this something it is not and to distract but to hope to create fault with WBH is a stretch.[/size][/font]

6. [font="times new roman"][size="3"]Yes, I do.  And I also believe that there is a lot of crap that is made up to benefit specific special interest groups.  Doesn't make it right, does it?  The man that made the speech will get his judgment at the next elections.  But for WBH to throw out speculation and misinformation solely to discredit the CC for not carrying their water is traitorous to the WI hunter as a whole and is the reason for the Judas reference that I will not apologize for. 
[/size][/font] 

[font="times new roman"][size="3"][font="arial"][size="2"]Again with reaching. WBH did nothing. This is not a product of WBH. [font="arial"][size="2"]This matter was created by the CC and was recorded in the minutes of the meeting and stored on the DNR web site and somehow you hope to misdirect this towards WBH because of some sort of grudge you hold against the org. [/size][/font]It would be good to stay on topic rather than trying to create straw arguments and manufacture blame. Your outrage is misplaced and misdirected. You disagree with was the CC did. You dont think they created the question for legitimate reasons but you hope to create some alternate reality that somehow involves WBH rather than dealing with the facts. [font="arial"][size="2"]To be honest, this was a sort of set up. I was antisipating you would try to link this to WBH because I was the person to post this. IT took you a bit longer than I expected.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font] 

[font="times new roman"][size="3"][font="arial"][size="2"]Thank you for answering the questions. It seems we agree on quite a bit.[/size][/font]

It is funny how one can call another out for not answering questions and then not do the same. 

Just by linking it, you incriminate yourself and those you represent.  Guilt by association isn't anything that will stand up legally, but it stands up in peoples minds, that's for sure.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 am

Is this conversation about allowing crossbows to be used to hunt by anyone by Mike Riggle???
Because you guys have some real winners sitting on the Board especially after reading some of this mess, point in hand Gary severson had a frustrating year hunting KNOW he wants do to something about it... How many people has complained about areas in the past with nothing done before But let ONE board member have a bad year and WAM its up for discussion LMAO lolol and alot of other problems you guys face by just reading into some of this

Whitetailaddict

Postby Whitetailaddict » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Dan you are the worst and not a true hunter. Just a big baby that likes to argue when you know you're wrong. You're probably a PETA supporter posing as a hunter. Just give up.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:48 pm

You are wrong, I'm just not a sheep.  If there wasn't something up with WBH, why the need for the explanation in WON this week? 

C'mon guys, use the heads that god gave you and stop taking everything that this sham spoon feeds you.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:20 am

ORIGINAL: Whitetailaddict

Dan you are the worst and not a true hunter. Just a big baby that likes to argue when you know you're wrong. You're probably a PETA supporter posing as a hunter. Just give up.

Well certainly at least an anti-bowhunter with misdirected anger. Big on insults but short on substance.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 am

Big on insults but short on substance.

Hello kettle, meet pot.

Retch or Rancid or Ron, whatever ... your attitiude and responses on here haven't been much better. Your condesending attitude and "look down your nose" at any one with a different opinion ... is revolting.

If you do represent the liason between lawmakers, bowhunters and the WBH, you're not winning a ton of support with your attitude.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am

I have been waiting for others to chime in & now it's my turn!
So many times we say that we can express our opinions on ths forum & that is what we should do. Now it's time to RESPECT each others opinion!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes away from this forum when we have two people cramming their opinion down each others throat. State your case & so be it. If you disagree with someone do it respectfully & quit the personal attack on each other. I enjoy reading both Dan's & Retch's posts most of the time. I think this is a good case where you need to agree to disagree & move on. Now we have others joining in the verbal assults. If we really have a opinion show up at the Spring meetings voice your opinions cast your votes & get over it please.
Have a great weekend!
Bruce
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin