DNR to hold deer forums around the state.

Jslotter

DNR to hold deer forums around the state.

Postby Jslotter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 am

Wis. DNR to hold deer forums around state.

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/Wis_ ... 75069.html

Click on this link below to find where a forum will be held in your area.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/ce/news/hearmeet.html#deer
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

retch sweeny

RE: DNR to hold deer forums around the state.

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 pm

I attended the first one last night. It was an open house with folks on hand to ask questions of. They handed out maps and such including the 2011 preliminary season structure showing the units that meet the trigger for EAB and herd control hunts. This does not mean there will actually be EAB and Herd control hunts but 25 meet the trigger for EAB and 34 for Herd Control.

gruberr

Postby gruberr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm

That mean EAB might be back in non CWD units or is that still a CWD unit only thing?

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 pm

In my opinion these meetings are a waste of time.  I've been to the one's in Dane county before and its a joke.  The last one I went to, roughly 50 people went up and expressed their view on EAB and CWD and only a few agreed with what they were doing.  For the ones who disagreed with it, the DNR staff just sat their and only said we will take your opinion into consideration.  I spoke out against them and I know my opinion got put in file 13. 
Scott

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 am

Does anyone think that deer count survey the DNR asked hunters to take last year helped any? I filled them suckers out after every hunt. But, I doubt many people gave a crap to do them. I wonder if these forums are taking place because the lack of hunter data. Does anyone agree? disagree?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 pm

I disagree. 

I think they are having the forums to make another point of contact with hunters and make an effort so that hunters feel their voices are being heard.  I also think that there has been much more response to these surveys than even the DNR thought that they'd get. 

Here is a link to the results of the past 2 years of the surveys, this years results are still preliminary:

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/harvest/survey.htm

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Exactly, "hunters feel their voices are being heard." But in reality, they aren't. Same old same old with the Wisconsin DNR.
Kyle

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Everyone gives them so much of a chance.  There is new leadership why don't we give them a chance to prove they are still what they were under Doyle.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

I think we should all stay home & keep pouting that will fix everything or better yet lets complain on this forum & not let our voices be heard where there just may be a chance things may one day change. I bet everybody that works at the DNR gets up every morning & says what can we do today to tick off all the hunters in Wisconsin.
It gets a little sickening reading the same thing every time someone posts any topic about the DNR. I don't think that some of the things they do are the smartest thing in the world but lets look at something possitive for a change. We have a abundance of wildlife in WI so let's enjoy the opportuities we have & hope the deer hunting straightens out over the next couple of years.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 pm

ORIGINAL: pickleguy

I think we should all stay home & keep pouting that will fix everything or better yet lets complain on this forum & not let our voices be heard where there just may be a chance things may one day change. I bet everybody that works at the DNR gets up every morning & says what can we do today to tick off all the hunters in Wisconsin.
It gets a little sickening reading the same thing every time someone posts any topic about the DNR. I don't think that some of the things they do are the smartest thing in the world but lets look at something possitive for a change. We have a abundance of wildlife in WI so let's enjoy the opportuities we have & hope the deer hunting straightens out over the next couple of years.

+1

Next

Return to Wisconsin