time to end cwd eradication?

crossbowdavio

time to end cwd eradication?

Postby crossbowdavio » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 am

let me hear your thoughts is it time to ease the laws in the area affected by the cwd laws in my experiance the population of deer has drasticaly been reduced and cwd is not going way as it can survive for YEARS in the soil

Dan Salmon

RE: time to end cwd eradication?

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm

In "your" experience.  I hope science, hell, anything for that matter, doesn't ever rely on one individual's experiences.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:19 pm

I've been saying this for years to get rid of it.  CWD isn't going to go away like some people think it will.  Just deal with it and get us out of EAB.  There are still certain areas that hold tons of deer but that's not common anymore.    
Scott

Huntin Farmland

Postby Huntin Farmland » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

I have been hunting the CWB/EAB for years and my sightings have gone down significantly. I have seen 10-15 deer per gun season over the past two years. Before the Earn-A-Buck I would see 10 deer per day. The only thing Earn-a-buck has done is lower the deer population (in certain areas) and anger most of the hunters in the CWD Zones. On a positive note though-I do think the "quality" of bucks have gone up with hunters not able to harvest every buck they see if they don't have the tags.
Genesis 9:3 �Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.�

Return to Wisconsin