Leasing out my land question

cpaulsonIU

Leasing out my land question

Postby cpaulsonIU » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey Guys, I am new to D&DH and I wanted to pose a question to you all. I have 42 acres in southern wisconsin that I am trying to determine if it is worth it for me to lease it out. My job is taking me closer to Milwaukee and I am currently the only one to hunt the property and would continue to do so but not as much as I would like. I am wondering what I could get for the property if I leased to a party of 2-3 guys? I really have no idea what to ask that would be fair and would be worth it for me to do? It is a very nice hunting parcel of partial wooded/tillable with a creek running through the center. All the property surrounding is crop/alfalfa/woods and owned by the farmers with not very much hunting pressure. Any suggestions on what its worth would be great, thanks for your time.

Mastertangler

RE: Leasing out my land question

Postby Mastertangler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am

cpaulsonIU......

Value can vary a lot depending on location, access, etc. And if you want to continue hunting it as well, you may have conflictions with whoever leases.

I sent you an email...feel free to reply.

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I may be interested in leasing your property. I currently live in Milwaukee and am looking for some land to hunt that is close by. E-mail me if you would like.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm

In Waupaca county I think the going rate is $45/acre but this is for prime trophy hunting land. Be careful if you ever want to put your land into MFL, leasing is not allowed

Return to Wisconsin