Crossbows gain steam in the CC voting

retch sweeny

RE: Crossbows gain steam in the CC voting

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 pm

While somewhat off topic, I'm wondering why, in this age of the internet we need to have these questionnaires only be available to those able to attend a meeting in person. Why can't they be made available on the DNR's website? You enter your DNR customer number and you answer the questions.

[/align]Dan says: "Nope, and a very good idea." 

[/align] 

[/align][font=arial]Umpiremark says:
"[size=100][font="times new roman"]this is exactly what the WBH does not want ... a full representation of interest (or non-interest) of the crossbow subject. By polling the entire population, the WBH would lose credibility in saying for years they were right (about the public not wanting crossbows), when the totality of final numbers may prove them wrong. [/font][/size][font=arial]"
[/font]
[/font]

[/align][font=arial][font=arial][/font][/font] 

[/align][font=arial][font=arial]This has been discussed (if you have been paying attention) Lets say Patsy Randolph of PETA (and formerly on the Conservation Congress) as well as other anti hunting orgs such as HSUS, etc have the ability to mobilize great numbers of young and tech savvy college kids. Since anybody can get a DNR customer number for free simply by calling the DNR (even out of staters),  it would be quite easy for a group seeking to harm or ban hunting, fishing and trapping to recruit on campus getting folks to get a DNR customer number and then vote against you and I.[/font][/font]

[/align][font=arial][/font] 

[/align][font=arial]Typical WCC spring hearing attendance is around 5,000. It could be 20,000 or more in a single year if online voting were to be attempted and sportsmen would regret it forever. Also, since elections for WCC seats come from the floor and include a short speech and introduction, would that portion of the spring hearing not be done online? A large portion of the hearings is to allow citizens to present a resolutions in their county (that is where the questions come from for the next years hearings), would that portion of the spring hearing not be done online? The logistics of this have been kicked around already. Every time, its clear that hunters will lose bigtime.[/font]

[/align][font=arial][/font] 

[/align][font=arial]Lastly, no official WI municipality, county, state wide or national election is conducted via internet voting. The reasons are obvious as are the reasons why what Dan and Mark applaud is actually a very bad idea. Take the time to think things through guys and while your at it think these things through while your head is not clouded with hatred. You will get better results.[/font]

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 pm

[font=arial]This citizen resolution from Mrs. Randolf from Dane County last year should make the point nicely dont you think?[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]http://dnr.wi.gov/org/nrboard/congress/spring_hearings/2010/2010%20Resolutions/130410.pdf[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]How about this one from Dane County last year?[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]http://dnr.wi.gov/org/nrboard/congress/spring_hearings/2010/2010%20Resolutions/130510.pdf[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Oh and how about this one from Dane county from last year?[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]http://dnr.wi.gov/org/nrboard/congress/spring_hearings/2010/2010%20Resolutions/130310.pdf[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]How do you think this vote would have gone if online votes from every college in WI was allowed? At least Dan and Mark agree with PETA and HSUS. Kudos guys. You will [font=arial][size=2]understand why I take your comments with a little................... How should I say? .............................. well I'll be blunt. I just disregard them pretty much. [:D][/font]

[/size][/font]

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

While you only assumed I advocated the on-line voting, you failed (again) to understand the premise of my response. I shall lay it out to you, now. Since I'm typing slowly here, I'm sure you'll get it this time ...

I said a "total hunter population vote" (irregardless of how it is obtained) is exactly what the WBH would never want. If the voting population of hunters far exceeded the number of WBH who flood the spring meetings, the vote may turn out differently. And the WBH would not be able to save face.

" ... while your head is not clouded with hatred."

Hello kettle, meet black.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Sorry. Poor attempt by you at a save now that I have explained it. When you hit bottom, stop digging. You ought to have quite a while ago.

deojee1414

Postby deojee1414 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Wow. You know, this was a topic I was only mildly interested in. While I bowhunt, I dont have a strong opinion on crossbows. But there's nothing I hate worse than people who are so sure they're right and who feel anyone who disagrees with them them is an idiot. So due to your attitude I have decided to start pushing the 'pro crossbow' agenda where ever possible.

Gotta go now, need to start contacting the right people to let them know how strongly I feel about getting crossbows approved for the regular bow hunting season.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin