Back Tags

umpiremark

Back Tags

Postby umpiremark » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Just curious ... ...

When is the Wisconsin DNR gonna stop issuing back tags for deer/bow hunting?

Isn't it time we stopped punching holes in $200 jackets for these things? What purpose does the back tag serve in this day and age? Probably would save the DNR millions, just from printing and material costs alone, eh?

Just curious ... ...
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

SCHINK

RE: Back Tags

Postby SCHINK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 pm

WHAT.......don't you like when you are bowhunting.....and the wind is nice and calm........and a deer comes in and as you are trying to get positioned for a shot the back tag racks across the tree and makes that wonderful noise.......might as well wear a bell too  [:)]
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

ghost hunter

Postby ghost hunter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 pm

so why not take the plates off your car. the purpose is the same. a way to identify violators and to instantly show you have a license.
most jackets have a tag loop or a hanging loop most others have either a coller or hood zipper you can use.

noise? invest in a leather tag holder. and keep in mind anything has the potential to scrape on that tree. be aware of your position to your surroundings allways.

try wearing a walker not only do you have a chance to hear the deer coming but it lets you know the noises you are making that you would not normaly notice.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:23 pm

[font=arial]Then all sportsmen need to wear a backtag. Small game, fishing, turkey hunting, sturgeon spearing, deer hunting, bird watchers, shroom pickers, trial bikers, Pheasant hunters, Duck hunters, etc. if they are such a great idea, lets do this up right. Then we can catch all violators if that is the reason for back tags.[/font][/align]

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:40 pm

there you go.....ghost hunter has it all solved

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

LOL 

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

I pin mine on the back of my little back pack. I had a similar situation when my back tag got caught on my tether strap on my safety harness and made alot of noise in the process.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:03 pm

ORIGINAL: ghost hunter

so why not take the plates off your car. the purpose is the same. a way to identify violators and to instantly show you have a license.
most jackets have a tag loop or a hanging loop most others have either a coller or hood zipper you can use.

noise? invest in a leather tag holder. and keep in mind anything has the potential to scrape on that tree. be aware of your position to your surroundings allways.

try wearing a walker not only do you have a chance to hear the deer coming but it lets you know the noises you are making that you would not normaly notice.

couldn't have said it better.
QDM!

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Here we go, lets get the bowhunters on a tirade again and go crying to the powers that be that they are being discriminated against.  Sheesh!

Meules37

Postby Meules37 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Ghost hunter- If the reason is to identify violators why do they keep the tags the same color year after year, I could wear my tag from 2 years ago and no one would know the difference. If they insist on having everyone where tags, then they should at least change the colors from year to year to make it more obvious if the tag someone is wearing is current.

Next

Return to Wisconsin