Bowhunting allowed during 9 day crossbow issues not advanced

retch sweeny

Re: Bowhunting allowed during 9 day crossbow issues not adva

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 am

Well Bob of course has it wrong again. Allowing archery deer hunting during the gun deer season has gone through “The process” over several years where it was asked to a wide array of sportsmen via the spring hearings. It passed and was supported over those years and was supported by the CC and DNR. It was an act of the NRB that kept it from taking effect.

Then, for the first time ever, the DNR asked gun hunters in a mail in survey and for the first time ever, received a nearly tie vote in which gun hunter narrowly opposed the idea that had long been endorsed by the CC and DNR and the public via the spring hearings. Bob would have you forget all those years and vote and endorsements and focus on a near tie in just one vote. Typical.

Now the DNR, CC and NRB have enacted what the people wanted and after that action, DNR survey results come out showing a near tie and he hopes to hang his hat on that after the change had already been made. Seems sort of lame if you ask me to be manufacturing the scenario he hopes to sell here.

Dan, as to the bear bill. It was signed into law by the Gov. yesterday.

http://thewheelerreport.com/releases/Ju ... 17wbha.pdf
Last edited by retch sweeny on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 am

Bob,

What you should be angry about is the Bear Bill. 4 of the 5 points we're handily defeated at the 2010 Spring Hearings, but get a little special interest money into the hands of the right people and look what happens.

I hope this isn't the future of Wisconsin Natural Resource Policy. Scratch that, I hope this isn't the continuation of Wisconsin Natural Resources Policy. I think that this type of thing is what will continue to drive hunters away and stop bringing in the next generation of hunters. If it continues, I for one will spend my time and money in other states.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Good riddance. You were only in this for you anyway. You never worked to direct policy or to protect hunting. When the going gets better, you get going. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. ;)

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:48 pm

That's the attitude isn't it Retch!? Run out those that don't agree.

What you fail to realize is the same things the Liberals fail to realize in all other facets of life. What do you do when you run out of everyone else's money?

With increasingly less people buying licenses, the pool of money to spend on your pet projects gets smaller and smaller. Have fun in the kiddie pool.

I'd like to know exactly how I was in this argument for my own gain? I haven't/wouldn't run out and buy a crossbow just to hunt with it earlier in the year. I'm thinking about ways to allow access to more hunters to get started, you know, more opportunities.

The only people that are "in it for themselves", at least in my mind, are the ones that run crying to their legislators to change the rules because what they want isn't what everyone else wants. It's sad that the State Senate and Assembly has become the enabler for crybabies and whiners.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

This will help the wardens - felons will not be able to legally hunt during gun season

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Dan Salmon wrote: It's sad that the State Senate and Assembly has become the enabler for crybabies and whiners.

While you do nothing about it but whine on a chat room. :roll:

While you sit on the sidelines and the only effort you make is to complain, others are working for sportsmen. Its not the things you find important or you may disagree with whats happening but you are a non-factor never caring to lift a finger except to complain and wish somebody else would do something. Those that are working for sportsmen need more guys like you because they know full well you will just sit on the sidelines and do nothing. :lol:

You want things done differently? Get off your dead arse and get involved. We can count on that not happening.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 am

Bullwinkle,

Not following your logic. Felons can't legally be in possession of a firearm at any time. Now they can legally hunt during the gun season with a bow.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 am

retch sweeny wrote:
Dan Salmon wrote: It's sad that the State Senate and Assembly has become the enabler for crybabies and whiners.

While you do nothing about it but whine on a chat room. :roll:

While you sit on the sidelines and the only effort you make is to complain, others are working for sportsmen. Its not the things you find important or you may disagree with whats happening but you are a non-factor never caring to lift a finger except to complain and wish somebody else would do something. Those that are working for sportsmen need more guys like you because they know full well you will just sit on the sidelines and do nothing. :lol:

You want things done differently? Get off your dead arse and get involved. We can count on that not happening.

We would all love to be able to have a job that allowed us to do nothing but bitch and whine to politicians or march on the Capital until they did things our way, but the rest of us have jobs that actually produce goods and services that Americans use and appreciate having everyday. We put our trust in elected officials that we put in place to make decisions on our behalf, to do the things that we want them to do. When they don't do those things, we vote them out of office. That's how it works, and has worked for a very long time, at least until it became a special interest only game.

The will of the people has been noted, just look at the results of the Spring Hearings. You use the results to show that crossbows have no right because the people have spoken, but in the next breath you refute that the public knows anything when you agree with a bill that goes against the majority vote on 4 of 5 items. If that's not agenda driven, "in it for themselves", I don't know what is. Your elitist attitude toward the common man is sickening.

I'll say it again, and for the last time, Retch you're so wrapped up in getting things your own way that you don't see the contradictions of your own causes. You think your helping, but you are slowly closing more doors than you are opening. It's sad, really sad.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 am

Then do something about it or just sit there and look pretty. Help shape policy or forever be subject to the views of others. We both know exactly what you will do.

Nothing!

You lose.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:01 am

Sorry - I ment to say, Felons will now be able to legally hunt making it easier on the wardens

Typo

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin