Crossbows getting more exposure

Bob Stout

Crossbows getting more exposure

Postby Bob Stout » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 am

Yesterday I received my 2011 Cabelas archery hunting catalog and it was nice to see all the latest and greatest crossbows now available.
There are 14 pages of crossbows by different manufacturers along with a couple of pages of crossbow accessories. I've been crossbow hunting in Wisconsin since 2003 so looking at the pictures really gets my blood boiling, so to speak. I know summer has just begun but I'm ready for fall after thumbing through the new Cabelas archery catalog. Cabelas does a fantastic job of presenting archery hunting to the hunting public.

retch sweeny

Re: Crossbows getting more exposure

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 am

I think its great that the handicapped and elderly have so many options for crossbow hunting. Push button cocking and let down and shooting sticks help these folks participate.

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 pm

retch sweeny wrote:I think its great that the handicapped and elderly have so many options for crossbow hunting. Push button cocking and let down and shooting sticks help these folks participate.

Shouldn't that read ALL fellow hunters??? Crossbows are just another tool at the hunters disposal. Crossbows have not impacted the resourse or hunting season in ANY state where they are included. Just another option for fellow sportsman young & old! Who could oppose that???

MacGruber

Postby MacGruber » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:02 pm

>> Who could oppose that??? <<

The general hunting population of WI (both archery and firearms hunters) just did this spring... again, like they have every time this has come up for vote.

Thankfully the majority of the hunting population in WI still realize with 200,000+ archery hunters, 700,000+ firearm hunters and a post-hunt population goal of just 800,000 deer state wide, we don't need easier ways to kill more deer. Be proud of your fellow WI hunters for seeing the big picture.

Eventually I can see a day though where those who push hard enough including the manufacturers will eventually get their way and it will be allowed for all. That will be a sad day and I'm sure it's coming. Say good by to age structure (maybe some day WI will have APR's) or something that would help offset what the crossbows will do. Yes, I will admit, I desire a herd that has ample quantities of deer in the 3-4+ age range.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:37 am

Crossbows are far from "easy" to use. Very few Wisconsin hunters even know any crossbowmen much less a crossbow itself. At best a few of you have seen them in stores and that's about your only exposure. Become an expert crossbowman then you can tell me how easy it is. Please, retch, don't go off on how you've "owned" crossbows for decades. We've all heard it before from you.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 am

Tim50 wrote: Shouldn't that read ALL fellow hunters??? Crossbows are just another tool at the hunters disposal. Crossbows have not impacted the resourse or hunting season in ANY state where they are included. Just another option for fellow sportsman young & old! Who could oppose that???

You musts not be from around here. In WI crossbows are only allowed for the elderly and handicapped so the cabelas cataloge with crossbows will apeal to the elderly and handicapped in WI. Recall Mr. PA, this is the WI area. Do you ever post in the PA area? :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you would like to turn another thread into you preaching your out of state religion of crossbows but bstout was just commenting on the cataloge and its crossbows in the WI area, I didnt see him pushing his beliefs on everybody like you always do. As a handicapped crossbow hunter, the crossbow offerings in that cataloge appealed to him.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am

Cabelas has very little to do with the state of Wisconsin and is NOT targeting physically disabled people. They're simply showing hunters their options. Of course you have to live somewhere that's not controlled by special interest groups.

Wisconsin deer hunters do NOT have the same rights as deer hunters in other states. The state of Michigan is a very good example of what should be going on here. Wisconsin doesn't have an Uncle Ted like Michigan, all we have is a retch.

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 am

retch sweeny wrote:You musts not be from around here. In WI crossbows are only allowed for the elderly and handicapped so the cabelas cataloge with crossbows will apeal to the elderly and handicapped in WI. Recall Mr. PA, this is the WI area. Do you ever post in the PA area? :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you would like to turn another thread into you preaching your out of state religion of crossbows but bstout was just commenting on the cataloge and its crossbows in the WI area, I didnt see him pushing his beliefs on everybody like you always do. As a handicapped crossbow hunter, the crossbow offerings in that cataloge appealed to him.

If you take time to read my post I just stated some well know facts about crosbow inclusion in an attempt to quell the unwarrented fears of Wisconsin hunters who have been feed the anti crossbow misinformation and drunk the anti crossbow kool aid. They trusted local hunting organizations to be truthfull. You are correct 55% of the hunters that voted opposed crossbiows in archery season BUT that also equates to 45% favoring crossbow inclusion. Also the majority of hunters voted to lower the age for crossbow usage from 65 to 55 but that clear majority was ignored. Education about the crossbow AND crossbow useage will bring inclusion. I am glad to see the anti types keeping the crossbow issue in the limelight!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 am

Bob Stout wrote: Wisconsin deer hunters do NOT have the same rights as deer hunters in other states.

Clearly you dont understand rights or you would know how silly and wrong that statement is. :roll:

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

Tim50 wrote: You are correct 55% of the hunters that voted opposed crossbiows in archery season

Yes they did, didnt they. They didnt like crossbows either. Thanks for taking the time to learn a bit about WI. :lol:

Next

Return to Wisconsin