Crossbows getting more exposure

Tim50

Re: Crossbows getting more exposure

Postby Tim50 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Bob Stout wrote:Did I mention that crossbows are fun?

Well, they are....they're just plain fun!

Rancid/Ronnie how can you, the anti hunter WBH and all your lobbyist, lawyers & political appointee's deny poor old Bob form having so much fun in the Wisconsin woods?? You guys really ARE heartless!! :mrgreen:

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Everybody supports allowing the handicapped and elderly the use of a crossbow. Bob has his disabled permit allowing him to participate in the WI bow season by using a crossbow. I think that’s great. More power to him. My dad is elderly and uses a crossbow. I own 3 of them and have for 30 years. That’s what makes the WI laws so perfect. Nobody is kept from enjoying the fall woods. Everybody wins. That is what explains all the votes and surveys year after year after year that support the current laws and oppose full intrusion. Aint it grand? :D

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 am

retch sweeny wrote: Bob has his disabled permit allowing him to participate in the WI bow season by using a crossbow.

Wrong again, retch, you need to go to crossbow school. I really enjoyed the part "allowing him to participate". Real smooth, retch. If that were coming from someone who's opinion I respected I'd be insulted but coming from you...not so much.

I have a "Crossbow Permit" and not a "Disabled" permit. Disabled permits are altogether different (read the rules someday).

You throw slang and innuendo around like an eight year old, retch. The people who take you serious are sad sacks indeed!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 am

That’s great Bob. The point is that WI law allows those with disabilities to get a permit that allows the use of a crossbow in the archery deer season just like the law allows my 76 year old father the privilege of using a crossbow under the WI archery deer tag because he is unable to use a bow. Because of these great laws, nobody is excluded from the fall woods. It’s a great system. This is the part I was talking about where you wear your reason and cause on your sleeve. You don’t care about allowing everybody else the privilege of using crossbows because of what it means to them. You do it so you would no longer have to bear what you deem a negative by being a disabled crossbow user. That is a self-esteem issue you really need to get past. I know of nobody that has an issue with the disabled getting a crossbow permit. It’s a non-issue that everybody supports. Its just like the disable parking stickers. It’s a permit a user applies for and uses because of a need.

You don’t want the laws changed because you think it’s the right thing for the deer herd. You don’t want the change because the majority of WI hunters support full inclusion because they don’t. You don’t want the change because you think the DNR should make more on tag sales, you don’t want the change for anything other than some misguided personal self-esteem issue you carry in your head. Your self-esteem is not valid reason to ignore the opinions of WI sportsmen and to change a law. I shot once with an archer that had zero use of one arm. He drew his bow back with his teeth and scoffed at the idea of using a crossbow. He said they were for people that cant use a bow. He is an advocate for keeping the laws as they are. He was a dam fine shot with his Mathews too.

You act as if others view this as some sort of shame when it seems you are the only one that has a problem with it. You want the law changed so you don’t have to endure some sort of goofy stigma you concocted in your head that doesn’t exist. A little bit of maturing on your part is all thats needed.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 am

retch sweeny wrote:That’s great Bob. The point is that WI law allows those with disabilities to get a permit that allows the use of a crossbow in the archery deer season just like the law allows my 76 year old father the privilege of using a crossbow under the WI archery deer tag because he is unable to use a bow. Because of these great laws, nobody is excluded from the fall woods. It’s a great system. This is the part I was talking about where you wear your reason and cause on your sleeve. You don’t care about allowing everybody else the privilege of using crossbows because of what it means to them. You do it so you would no longer have to bear what you deem a negative by being a disabled crossbow user. That is a self-esteem issue you really need to get past. I know of nobody that has an issue with the disabled getting a crossbow permit. It’s a non-issue that everybody supports. Its just like the disable parking stickers. It’s a permit a user applies for and uses because of a need.

You don’t want the laws changed because you think it’s the right thing for the deer herd. You don’t want the change because the majority of WI hunters support full inclusion because they don’t. You don’t want the change because you think the DNR should make more on tag sales, you don’t want the change for anything other than some misguided personal self-esteem issue you carry in your head. Your self-esteem is not valid reason to ignore the opinions of WI sportsmen and to change a law. I shot once with an archer that had zero use of one arm. He drew his bow back with his teeth and scoffed at the idea of using a crossbow. He said they were for people that cant use a bow. He is an advocate for keeping the laws as they are. He was a dam fine shot with his Mathews too.

You act as if others view this as some sort of shame when it seems you are the only one that has a problem with it. You want the law changed so you don’t have to endure some sort of goofy stigma you concocted in your head that doesn’t exist. A little bit of maturing on your part is all thats needed.

You are just plain wrong, retch. In time you'll come to realize that!

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry Bob but your own words betray you.

Most directly to the point Bob.Your words from April 26 of this year.

Bob Stout wrote: Some folks are ashamed or embarrassed to be seen toting a crossbow..............

I'm physically disabled.................

(I have disabled plates on my truck)..................

I sometimes see physically disabled folks with their mirror hang tags stating they're qualified to park in the spot. Many carry these *hang tags* in lieu of having physically disabled license plates that have a picture of a wheel chair on them. They DON"T want to be seen with those plates. Don't want to be SEEN with disabled plates or a crossbow.

if crossbows were made legal for all regardless, the physically disabled folks who don't quite have the moxy it takes to be seen toting a crossbow won't have to hide that fact..................

If the stigma was removed from the weapon (by making it legal for all), it would look entirely different to those who really NEED to hunt with a crossbow.

April 6 of this year you posted.

Bob Stout wrote:I've been crossbow hunting in Wisconsin since 2003 with a disabled crossbow permit. Both of my shoulders are bad along with some other body parts but I still enjoy being out in the woods.

April 11 you posted

Bob Stout wrote: Overall my body is in pretty bad shape. If I can go into the woods and take a deer using a crossbow, just about anyone else can too.

Like I said, you wear your personal bias and reasons for your cause on your sleeve. You are only able to fool yourself. You’re the only one here with this hangup. You need to get over it rather than demanding the laws change to soothe your bruised feelings. People support crossbow use by the elderly and disabled. The laws are great because everybody can participate.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 am

I bet his dentist didn't like him pulling a bow back with his teeth ha ha...

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am

bmstaaf wrote:I bet his dentist didn't like him pulling a bow back with his teeth ha ha...

I have a few pics I took of him when we were shooting. I think he said his neck went from 14 inches to 17 inches in one summer. He made a point of letting folks that he was not disabled despite having only one arm. He is an inspiration and a testament to the can-do spirit and it worked for him. For those that are disabled and opt for a crossbow, God bless and more power to them. Nobody is giving them grief. We have had crossbow shooters at our archery club in the past. It’s a legal weapon for those that qualify. As I said, My 76 year old father uses a crossbow. I do all the cocking and sighting in for him. 5 stents in his heart, shoulder and knee replacements and a host of ailments 76 year olds endure mean he uses a crossbow. It’s a non-issue for him or anybody he encounters. Never once has he said that the laws should be changed because he has ego issues. The same with the bowhunter using his teeth. If you’re handicapped or elderly, use a crossbow all you want. Nobody cares and nobody wants to change the laws to remove your ability to use a crossbow.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Grow up, retch. You can't rattle me with your "cut & paste" rhetoric.

I can go back into your posts and find where you contradict yourself over and over and over but I don't do it and you know why?

Because I'm an adult, retch.

If you could channel all of your hatred into something good, what authority and respect you would have....instead of this.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Getting back on topic, crossbows are here and will have full inclusion in much the same way as compound vert bows did back in the late 1970's. Compound vert bows were once touted as "for the handicapped only" also. It would be interesting watching someone let that cat out of the bag at a 3D shoot sometime. It's true however. It took compounds a long time to become accepted by the archery hunting community and the same will happen with crossbows. Understanding of the weapon will prevail and the internet shouting of it'd only for the old and handicapped people will fade the same as all lies do.

Crossbows will have full inclusion sooner than many think!

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin