Intresting Reading for Fellow Hunters

Tim50

Intresting Reading for Fellow Hunters

Postby Tim50 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Contact this legislator with your thoughts & opinions.

I found this on another site.

http://www.wisconsin...om/members-news

Wisconsin Representative Gary Tauchen, (R-6) is in the process of writing a crossbow bill which may effect crossbow use in Wisconsin. In one draft of the bill, the "Greater or Lesser Weapon" concept was presented. If
this remains in the bill it would statutorily create a new classification for crossbows as something greater than compound bows, but less than firearms. Crossbows are not more effective than compound bows and they certainly are not guns. We believe that this is nothing more than a ploy, by those against crossbows in the archery season, to place them in a different season ...in other words the gun season. Crossbows are archery equipment both in Federal and State law, and are taxed for the purpose of funding the Pittman-Robertson Act which supports conservation efforts through the DNR. So, crossbows are archery equipment and belong in the archery season.

There is a bit of a conflict here. We support increased opportunity for crossbow use; allowing crossbows in the gun season would be increased opportunity. We are not ungrateful for the thought. We don't want to extinguish good intent or good will by some, but there are other reasons why we think placing crossbows in the gun season would be less than ideal. For example, the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation represents many handicapped people and people who have lesser physical issues which do not rise to the ADA's standard of "approved disabled". Many of these people have mobility problems, problems dealing with cold, or other issues in which allowing them to hunt in a more temperate season wouldbe a benefit.

Most archers who leave archery do so beginning at about age 39, mostly because of decreased physical ability. Dropping the age to 55 is a big step in allowing these archers to stay in the game.

We don't want to pay the "Definitions game" with those who are opposed to crossbows. As gun owners know, playing this game can have some very disagreeable unintended consequences. The NRA for years had to fight
Handgun Control, Inc. and their political anti-gun supporters who would invent new classifications of firearms which should be banned...classifications like, assault weapons, Saturday night specials, sniper weapon, and so on. Wisconsin legislators should not get into the 'creating all kinds of classifications game' just to protect a few people's exclusive right to the archery season, just because other archers want to use a slightly different type of archery equipment.

Gary Tauchen was very pleasant and up front with me and I believe he wants to draft a bill which will benefit archers and other hunters. This bill is in the drafting stage, and this is an excellent time to write him with your suggestions.

We believe the bill should drop the "Greater or Lesser Weapon concept".

We believe the bill should include the age reduction to 55 for archers to allow them to use crossbows with out a medical exam. This will go a long way to reduce the cost to the state of over $32,000.00 just to process the applications. For those who have medical issues, taking the exam cost on average $120.00 per applicant X 5200 applicants or $624,000.00 annually. When times are hard for everyone, why are we making the handicapped spend more than a half a million dollars annually just to enjoy our archery season?
We believe this approach would be in compliance with the wishes of most Wisconsin hunters who as you know, approved the lowering of the age to 55 on this year's vote on the Conservation Congress's Spring Hearing
state wide questionnaire. Please tell Rep. Tauchen you would like the opportunity to use crossbows and your reasons for believing crossbow inclusion in the archery season would be beneficial.

You can reach Representative Gary Tauchen by mail at:

Representative Gary Tauchen
P.O. Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708

Email address for Gary Tauchen or your representatives can be found at:
http://legis.wisconsin.gov

Dan Salmon

Re: Intresting Reading for Fellow Hunters

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:38 pm

What happened to keeping politics out of Resource Management Tim? :shock:

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:What happened to keeping politics out of Resource Management Tim? :shock:

Apperently you did not read the article! Read it S-L-O-W-L-Y. It is about the possible classification of a crossbow.....Nothing about resource management. You can misinterpret it any way you like....It is about how the crossbow should be classified......

"Wisconsin Representative Gary Tauchen, (R-6) is in the process of writing a crossbow bill which may effect crossbow use in Wisconsin. In one draft of the bill, the "Greater or Lesser Weapon" concept was presented. If
this remains in the bill it would statutorily create a new classification for crossbows as something greater than compound bows, but less than firearms. Crossbows are not more effective than compound bows and they certainly are not guns. We believe that this is nothing more than a ploy, by those against crossbows in the archery season, to place them in a different season ...in other words the gun season. Crossbows are archery equipment both in Federal and State law, and are taxed for the purpose of funding the Pittman-Robertson Act which supports conservation efforts through the DNR. So, crossbows are archery equipment and belong in the archery season."

Give it a rest......

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 am

What???? How did you get access to Tims account? Wait till he finds out you are using his account. The dead give away was that Tim has said over and over and over how much he hates WI orgs lobbying in Madison. He has said over and over how wrong it is for special interest groups trying to influence lawmakers. Wait until he finds out you took his username and are making him look like a hypocrite here.

Can you believe it? Lobbying and politics and back room deals. I cant wait until tim learns his account has been scammed and somebody is making him look like a fool………….. (well, more than normal)

After years and years of CC votes against full intrusion, a special interest group is trying to silence the votes of the majority. Oh the outrage tim will express when he gets back. ;)

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

retch sweeny wrote:After years and years of CC votes against full inclusion, a special interest group is trying to silence the votes of the majority. Oh the outrage tim will express when he gets back. ;)

That is correct....the MAJORITY voted for full inclusion for 55 year old and above and the powers that be ignored the majority. Supply this politician with facts & let him decide how the bill should be written.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 pm

LOL at "how the bill should be written"

The bill is the most perfectly worded bill that ever existed. The guy who crafted it was pure genius. Every facet was covered, the definition of a crossbow and bow were painstakingly detailed. Every word was a perfect choice. This one is suitable for framing. ;)

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 pm

It is about the possible classification of a crossbow.....Nothing about resource management. You can misinterpret it any way you like....It is about how the crossbow should be classified......

Maybe you should read it slower than you did. While dealing with the classification of the crossbow, it would affect the rules and regulations for the management of a resource. Therefore, you can split and parse the verbiage how ever you want to Timmy boy, but it is a resource management issue and it involves political influence.

However, this now seems to be benefiting your opinion and therefore isn't in any way political influence of a resource management issue?

Hello pot, this is kettle. :roll:

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 am

Dan Salmon wrote: While dealing with the classification of the crossbow, it would affect the rules and regulations for the management of a resource. Therefore, you can split and parse the verbiage how ever you want to Timmy boy, but it is a resource management issue and it involves political influence.

Providing this gentleman with facts that I am sure the anti crossbow WBH lobbist left out of his presentation is not pressure it is simply providing options. Something your type would not understand. Give this fellow ALL the facts good & bad not just the narrow WBH position. Let him make an educated decision with ALL the available facts.

This has absolutly NOTHING to do with resource management....Ask Ronnie....NO one in WI wants crossbow inclusion! (45%??? :roll:) so it would not affect the resource. :mrgreen: It is just about keeping fellow hunters out of the WBH autumn woods so Rancid & his cohorts can chase their P&Y 200 class bucks. Less hunters more for them! It is really very simple.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 am

Something your type would not understand.

What type would that be, the pessimist?

You come here from another state and preach about transparency and loosing the political involvement in Resource Management until something comes along that would benefit you personally and then you're all for the political influence. Where is this supposed back bone you spoke of earlier? Seems to me you're no better than the opponents to your position. It's apparent that you really don't care what happens to the resource as long as you get to do what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Let's put this in terms you'll understand, WBHs would be representing the far Right 10% and Timmy would be representing the far Left 10%. That leaves 80% that don't necessarily agree with either of you. Who's getting screwed when either of you get your way????

That's where I stand, a dyed in the wool pessimist. The more I see of this crap the more I believe that hunting as we've known it in America will come to an end, probably in my lifetime. And all because jerks like the both of you can't have it any other way but your own.

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:
That's where I stand, a dyed in the wool pessimist. The more I see of this crap the more I believe that hunting as we've known it in America will come to an end, probably in my lifetime. And all because jerks like the both of you can't have it any other way but your own.

Remember the crossbow community IS PRO-HUNTER. Can the same be said about the WBH & their anti crossbow inclusion stance??
They support limiting hunter opportunities at a time when ALL hunting is under attack.

This politician is writing this bill with or without pro crossbow input. The crossbow community is not forcing anyone to crossbow hunt we are just asking for an opportunity. It is not an OUR WAY position. THAT is the WBH agenda! The crossbow community is only looking for an opportunity. It's happend in other states & the sky did not fall. No seasons shortened no resource endangered! I did not write the article I mearly posted it for an FYI! My hope is that this legislator will do his due diligence & seek opinions & facts from both sides of the isle....nothing more. From the current make up of the bill it would appear that he has already received a visit from the WBH lobbyist. Danny I wish your 10% theory was correct. The WBH exerts MUCH too much pressure for the 6,000 members it represents. Stick your head in the sand if you like! BUT from that position you will not see majority opinions & wants ignored and the legislature becoming involved because of political pressure & political favors. If you & Ronnie are on the same page with this then things are going great. The tail wagging the dog. But if you are a hunter concerned with the future of hunting being run by special interest groups & politicians then maybe you should wakeup & smell the Tinks!!! What happens in 4 years if anti hunters or tree huggers get elected. The president has been set. Appoint Dept heads with simular agenda's, and pay back political favors. Get sympethic legislators to write & enact laws to support THEIR minority agenda. Don't think it can't happen. Just look at the WI politics today. Did anyone think 12 months ago that the politic's in WI would be in the state it is. Wether you agree or disagree!!

PS: Is the name calling really necessary??

Next

Return to Wisconsin