Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

retch sweeny

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

Bob Stout wrote: The cyber-tantrum you're throwing,retch is very unbecoming.

I understand that getting caught up in several lies here has left you feeling embarrassed and seeing red. You will get over it.

Bob Stout wrote: That's all I have to say about it.

I doubt that but hope springs eternal. Hopefully you have at least learned a thing or two about honor and credibility as you work to restore yours.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:48 am

Well, here it comes folks. Crossbows are being thrown into the gun season.

Who could have possibly seen this coming???

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 am

Last year, bows were allowed in the gun deer season so it makes sense that crossbows also be allowed in the gun season. I see that as a good move. If a person can hunt the gun deer season with a rifle, shotgun, ML, pistol and bow, why not a crossbow? Why would you exclude the crossbow when every other weapon is allowed to hunt deer? What, are you some kind of crossbow hater or something?

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I wish everyone in the woods during rifle season were using a bow or crossbow, besides me.

This ranks as one of the worst threads of all time, and that is a heck of an accomplishment.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Your contribution made all the difference. ;)

It just chaps me that haters like Bob Stout want crossbows excluded from a season that every other legal weapon in WI is allowed (including a bow and arrow). He makes no sense. He states that crossbows will be allowed in the gun deer season like it’s a bad thing or something. Perhaps he wants to exclude other weapons from the gun deer season.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Wow. Retch, that was well defended and factual. Bob, ....have you concidered perfessional psycological help? I hunt with every weapon from shotgun down to slingshot. That would include crossbow. I don't own a M/L yet, but that will come in time. I hunt in Ohio, which has a bow season that starts in oct and runs through Jan. Crossbows are allowed (for all) through out the season. During gun season or M/L season we simply add more effective weapons to the mix, and most people choose to use them, but not all. Some never use anything but a bow, some go out only for gun. Most like me, go out for everything. This works very well indeed. There is no animosity, no battles for supremisy, no wrangling of any kind. If a gun hunter and a bow hunter are in the woods togeather, there is no problem of any kind. It is just a different method of hunting, and respect is mutual. The bow hunter has chosen to hunt by a harder method. (You want hard, try stalking rabbits and squirrels with a slingshot!) I live and hunt in a state with full inclusion of crossbows in all seasons, and I can't see how this type of nonsense, does anything besides stir up resentment. I think you are hurting your own cause, I have cross swords with Retch before on crossbows. And yes Retch, it is still a powerful bow, on it's side, with a different kind of release! ;) So far, I haven't heard anything more useful, than a fart in the wind. I am clearly displeased by provable falsehoods.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Actually kellroy, my "release" is my fingers and a leather glove. I will on occasion use a compound as well. Bob Stout is angry that crossbows will be allowed for the gun deer season. I just dont understand his hatred for crossbows in the gun deer season. It will likely soon be allowed in WI that all bear, turkey, small game and predator hunters (both resident and non-residnet) will be able to use a crossbow in WI and I'll bet if you asked him, he would be unhappy with this change. When the Governor signs the bill into law, every man woman and child will be able to use a crossbow without having to be elderly or handicapped and will be able to hunt deer, bear, turkey, small game, predator, etc in WI. I think its going to be a great new law but some guys like Bob Stout oppose the bill. I guess haters gotta hate.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Here we go again :roll:
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah, I read it through from page one. I did not follow the links, but that is easily checked. I felt your conduct was clean, and factual (besides a bit of nose rubbing) compaired to the war moungering I heard for the other side. This does not mean I am in total agreement with you as to crossbows. It is archery equiptment, that has some advantages of a gun, kinda like a ugly step child. It will never be wholy in one camp or the other. It was once concidered the devil's weapon, the ultimate weapon, the weapon to win all battles. Until the Frence used it against English longbows. The simple crossbows the Frence used could not compair to the range of the longbow and bowmen could rain death from above, without coming under fire themselves. Both crossbows and bows have advanced conciderably over the years, and now the crossbows out perform the bows. Arrow speeds aren't much differentt, but the knockdown is much better with the crossbow. It makes the one shot you get more deadly. But then you know that, as I do, because you use one as well. I wish you could see your way to accepting the crossbow for all seasons as we do. And let your judgement pick your weapon. :| Hey, on a side note, I think I have found my new crossbow for next year's deer season. You like build alongs. take a look, and see if you want to help out.... ;) Trigger sticks a bit.
crossbow.jpg
crossbow.jpg (416.03 KiB) Viewed 320 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Pretty cool. When Governor Walker signs the bill, everybody in WI will be able to hunt deer, bear, turkey, small game, predators, etc with a crossbow. I think its a fantastic bill and look forward to it becoming law.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin