Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

retch sweeny
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

You will want to recall in 2005, the “average guy” was asked state wide about full intrusion of crossbow into the bow season at the CC hearings and it got railed by a huge margin. The “average guy” said “NO THANKS!”

In 2005, the DNR during its usual mail-in bowhunter survey asked a random 10,000 bowhunters if they support full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season and the “Average guys responding” said “hell no!”

In 2009, the DNR again conducted a random mail-in bowhunter survey and again asked the average guys if they support full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season and the “average guys” said, “NO THANKS!”

In 2010, the Conservation congress at its statewide hearings asked sportsmen if they support full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season and again, the “Average guy” said, “NOPE!”

Thinking that if they asked a different group they might get the answer they were looking for the DNR sent out its 2010 annual gun deer hunter, mail-in survey to 10,000 gun hunters and asked if they support full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season and the responding gun hunters (average guys) said “HELL NO!”

Every time and in every way the state has asked the average guy if he supports full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season, the majority has said “NO, NO, NO!!”

Bob Stout dose not care for the opinion of the average guy. He does not want this info made public because the average guy has spoken and told Bob Stout to pound sand but Bob does not care. He says to hell with the opinion of the average guy and insists and demands that crossbows be inserted into the bow season against the will of the majority. That sort of extremist and un-American mindset cant be tolerated.

Bob, has there ever been a vote or poll or survey done in WI where the majority of sportsmen supported full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season??? I can save you some time looking but make sure you let the readers know the answer next time you stop by............ Or ignore that I asked and pretend the truth does not matter when in fact this truth stings like a snap of a wet towel on your backside.

Speaking of truth and honesty. If the average guy and the majority of sportsmen supported full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season, it would have been done. There would be no stopping it. Fact is Bob Stout wants a tiny minority viewpoint to make the laws and wants to tell the average guy to shut the hell up.

For a very brief moment there was a Wisconsin Crossbow Federation but it did nothing. It got no where. Its leader moved out of WI and now lives in MN. Bob Stout is a remnamt of that failed org. I stopped by their booth at last year's deer and turkey expo in Madison and the booth was run by 2 guys from MN (neither was the President of the org that also lives in MN) Bob Stout wants something that the average guy does not. I understand it sucks to be in the minority but you have to take the results and the opinnions of WI sportsmen for what it is rather than telling them you dont care what their votes say. You have to live in the real world.

Bob Stout
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby Bob Stout » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:57 pm

You know I don't read your long, boring and spiteful posts. You're just not very interesting.

Tell us, retch about the Conservation Congress. Tell us about how the vote was in favor of lowering the crossbow age to 55 and nothing came of it. Tell us a GOOD reason why the average guy should go to these meetings when his vote means nothing. Tell us about it.

What's your spin on that?

Learn something here, retch. Do a two sentence reply that doesn't put everyone to sleep!

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby kellory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 pm

retch sweeny wrote:
pgchambers wrote: But seeing it took you all of 15 minutes to respond to Bob's first post in more than 5 months on this thread, I would guess you know exactly what you are doing.


Whenever there is injustice, I will be there, wherever someone tramps the will of the sportsman, that’s where you’ll find me, When untruths are spread, you can be sure I will correct them. I could sense a disturbance in the force after Bob Stout posted that and knowing it was another attempt to pit one hunter against another and to stir trouble, I sprang to action to defend the sportsmen of WI. Its kind of what I do. ;)

Funny, but I don't remember a big red "s" on your chest in any of the pictures I've seen...And while you are good with recalling vote results, you can't seem to spell my name. Hmmm, curiouser, and curiouser. And you are laying it on pretty thick about how great this bill will be. At best, it is a poor sop to the crossbow guys and not much of that. It says, this is the ONLY time we will let you use this weapon, even though it is clearly inferior to ALL the real weapons allowed at this time. That is not much of a choice now is it? Crossbow IS archery equiptment, and should be allowed in archery season. It is an advancment on the origonal idea of force stored in bent limbs, and delivered by a string to a projectile. There is NO arguing with the phisics of a crossbow when compaired with a bow or a gun. It is clearly a bow by it's herritage, by it's phisics, by it's origns, and by it's parts. The fact that it has a trigger doesn't really matter either. If you research the designs, the trigger mechinisms are very different, though the trigger is shaped the same. (since it must fit the same finger) And if you want the phisics of how a bent limb and string throws an arrow, I will cut and paste it for you. It was studied extesivly during world war 1 for balistic missle theory. Bob, what you are doing is Rabble Rousing for Mob Reaction, I understand your passion for crossbows, I hunt with one myself, but lie to me, and I will cut your argument to pieces. And I don't care if that is by comission, or omission. Tell me the straight facts if you want my support on anything. Bob, you might cincider hiring a phisics lab to prove the point by the facts of construction, materials, and stored energy release. Then work on it's legal classifacation. If it has legal status as archery equiptment, supported by facts, perhaps you can change the minds of the people who are denying your wishes. Perhaps not. But I garentee you, defaming archers will just piss people off, me among them.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Bob Stout wrote:You know I don't read your long, boring and spiteful posts. You're just not very interesting.

Tell us, retch about the Conservation Congress. Tell us about how the vote was in favor of lowering the crossbow age to 55 and nothing came of it. Tell us a GOOD reason why the average guy should go to these meetings when his vote means nothing. Tell us about it.

What's your spin on that?

Learn something here, retch. Do a two sentence reply that doesn't put everyone to sleep!



Did I call that one or what? You want to ignore the facts and pretend it never happened. So Bob, you care about some votes of the CC (acually one vote) but want to ignore the many votes that disagree with your point. Some would call that hypocritical. Just saying ;) So Bob Stout, how many times has there been a manjority vote in favor of full intrusion of crossbows in the bow season? You want to ask questions but dont care to answer questions. Odd.

Since I operate with honor and dont spread falsehoods like you, I actually answer questions asked (even if you dont use a question mark). You asked:

"Tell us a GOOD reason why the average guy should go to these meetings when his vote means nothing. "

Answer: Because its the only annual vote taken to gather the opinions of sportsmen. What the org does with the vote totals hangs on them, not me.

You asked:

"Tell us about how the vote was in favor of lowering the crossbow age to 55 and nothing came of it."

I think that was a shame. The DNR dropped the ball and did not advance that question. It happens all the time. The DNR has the final say on what they advance to the NRB based on their opinion and what they thinkis best for hunting. The NRB also did not force their hand and ask them to put it on the list either. You have a legitmate grip with the DNR in that one.

Ok, so now, back to my question. The honorable thing to do is answer ones questions when asked, You might like the honorable route if you gave it a try. I'll wait for the answer over here. ;)
Last edited by retch sweeny on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retch sweeny
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:07 pm

kellory wrote: Funny, but I don't remember a big red "s" on your chest in any of the pictures I've seen....


Masks and capes and tights and red "s' on the chest is so 70's. Today's defenders of justice and protectors. preservers and promoters of Bowhunting dress far less lavishly. We are in the capitol, and various meetings and the cape always gets in the way and the mask gets you dirty looks at security and don’t get me started on the tights. Anywho, there is a hard working bunch of folks like me, dressed in regular clothes, fighting for bowhunters in WI on a daily basis. We can spot lies and dishonor and half truths a mile away and are quick to take action for the average guy (as described above). Its what we do. We don’t ask for thanks or praise because the bowhunters we are working for haven’t even been born yet. By the time they recall what we did for them, we will be long gone and were ok with that. This is all too important to be left to chance so we are there and have been for more than 7 decades.
Last edited by retch sweeny on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby kellory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 pm

" We don’t ask for thanks or praise because the bowhunters we are working for haven’t even been born yet." Funny then that you would fight advances in technology that they will be using by the time your thanks come due. And while a mask might just help ;) I mentioned no cape, nor tights. Just the missing red "s"
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Sadly, one power we don’t possess is the ability to get others to act in an honorable fashion. We can prevent them from slinking away and hiding rather than answer simple questions. The other powers are cool and all but the ability to impart a sense of dignity on others escapes our grasp. The best we can do is hope guys like Bob Stout will do the right thing and face facts and answer questions like expects others to answer his. Perhaps one day.

Wonder Woman had her golden lasso, that when wrapped around an evil doer, made them tell the truth but sadly she got all womens libby around the late 70's and got out of the super hero gig. She would come in handy right now. I'll bet she could get bob to talk.

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby kellory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:07 pm

retch sweeny wrote:Sadly, one power we don’t possess is the ability to get others to act in an honorable fashion. We can prevent them from slinking away and hiding rather than answer simple questions. The other powers are cool and all but the ability to impart a sense of dignity on others escapes our grasp. The best we can do is hope guys like Bob Stout will do the right thing and face facts and answer questions like expects others to answer his. Perhaps one day.

Wonder Woman had her golden lasso, that when wrapped around an evil doer, made them tell the truth but sadly she got all womens libby around the late 70's and got out of the super hero gig. She would come in handy right now. I'll bet she could get bob to talk.

Nope, you got that one wrong! The problem with the golden rope, was simple. If you believed a lie, you told a lie. It did not reveal truth, just your understanding of it. And last I heard, Wonder Woman is still looking for that invisable plane of her's. "I KNOW I parked it here someplace, was it near the shoe store, or the hair solon? I KNEW I should have gotten one of those GPSers thingies".....
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Dan Salmon
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 7:52 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Washington is proud of you boys! The Lunatic Fringe on the Left and the Right praise you both! Preach on...

retch sweeny
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 am

I don’t know how repeated votes of the people could even be considered “Fringe” so I dont know how you could get this so wrong. Vox Populi is the heart of America and as far from the Fringe as can me. Now, Bob Stout’s desire to trample the voice of the people is very much on the fringe.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests