Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

retch sweeny

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 am

The last vote matters. We agree. The last vote taken in the CC was less than a year ago. It again, reaffirmed the opinion of WI sportsmen on full intrusion. There has been no vote taken since by the CC on crossbows so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken.

The last survey conducted by the DNR of Gun deer hunters reaffirmed the opinion of WI gun hunters on full intrusion. There has been no survey taken of gun deer hunters since by the DNR so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken..

The last survey conducted by the DNR of bow hunters reaffirmed the opinion of WI gun hunters on full intrusion. There has been no survey taken of bowhunters since by the DNR so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken.

So what you’re saying is that we agree. Not only does the best and most recent available information matter but it is consistent with prior votes and survey results. Despite how some may try to marginalize or dismiss all these results. They are the most recent snapshot in time. So yes, we agree, the majority of those asked have and consistently oppose full intrusion of crossbows into the achery deer season.

That is unless you have more recent information that disputes that……………………………. I look forward to seeing your data set. in the meantime, Vox Populi

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 am

retch sweeny wrote:The last vote matters. We agree. The last vote taken in the CC was less than a year ago. It again, reaffirmed the opinion of WI sportsmen on full intrusion. There has been no vote taken since by the CC on crossbows so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken.

The last survey conducted by the DNR of Gun deer hunters reaffirmed the opinion of WI gun hunters on full intrusion. There has been no survey taken of gun deer hunters since by the DNR so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken..

The last survey conducted by the DNR of bow hunters reaffirmed the opinion of WI gun hunters on full intrusion. There has been no survey taken of bowhunters since by the DNR so you will agree its proper to cite that last vote taken.

So what you’re saying is that we agree. Not only does the best and most recent available information matter but it is consistent with prior votes and survey results. Despite how some may try to marginalize or dismiss all these results. They are the most recent snapshot in time. So yes, we agree, the majority of those asked have and consistently oppose full intrusion of crossbows into the achery deer season.

That is unless you have more recent information that disputes that……………………………. I look forward to seeing your data set. in the meantime, Vox Populi

If this is truely the will of your voters in a fair contest free of spin and deciet, then that is the proper process. But it is also part of the process, to contest and to revoke or reaffirm from time to time. That is thier right. The loser ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF A VOICE! Not just in a vote, but in in thier own council. Meaning, stop trying to shut people down. Have your say, correct any falsehoods, but let 'em talk. Anything less is oppression. We agree on what the process IS. We simply don't agree on what a crossbow IS. By the facts, it is a bow. But by spin and public opinion, you are trying to make it into something it is not, A gun. That is a folsehood, I will work to correct. Abe Lincoln asked a question:" How many legs does a dog have, if you count the tail as a leg?" "4, because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it so." :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:21 pm

kellory wrote: If this is truely the will of your voters in a fair contest free of spin and deciet, then that is the proper process.

I can find nothing to suggest any impropriety. If you or Bob Stout can, I would suggest you would have presented it long ago. It is however common for those on the losing end to cry foul even if there is nothing to cry foul about. By doing so it casts a pall on the event and generates a spector of doubt they hope will build (Re: if you say it enough times, it becomes true)

kellory wrote:But it is also part of the process, to contest and to revoke or reaffirm from time to time. That is thier right.

As it has been, over and over. It was asked in 2005 (twice) and in 2009 and again in 2010 (twice). It not for lack of asking, you lament the outcome and demand the question keep being asked until you get the answer you desire. Of that there can be no doubt.

kellory wrote:The loser ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF A VOICE! Not just in a vote, but in in thier own council.

What does that even mean?? Thats mumbo jumbo. The loser has the right to say: "I guess the majority of the voters is opposed to our idea, perhaps its no as good an idea as we thought."

kellory wrote: Meaning, stop trying to shut people down.

I can find no voices being suppressed. This is a public forum.

kellory wrote: correct any falsehoods,

This is something I excel at. I dont mean to boast but I am really good at that.

As to the rest, I don't much care for internet quotes but I will share this one with you.

"Believe not, those quotes posted on internet chat rooms because in most cases, either thi quote itself or the person who is supposed to have said it art incorrect": George Washington.

George Washington is an American hereo, if you cant trust him, who can you trust?

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I dont mean to boast but I am really good at that.

Who might be suggesting that Retch Sweeny may be smug? :o Definitely not any one that has ever read one of his internet posts.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Do try and stay on topic for a change. :lol:

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:17 pm

retch sweeny wrote:
kellory wrote: If this is truely the will of your voters in a fair contest free of spin and deciet, then that is the proper process.

I can find nothing to suggest any impropriety. If you or Bob Stout can, I would suggest you would have presented it long ago. It is however common for those on the losing end to cry foul even if there is nothing to cry foul about. By doing so it casts a pall on the event and generates a spector of doubt they hope will build (Re: if you say it enough times, it becomes true)

kellory wrote:But it is also part of the process, to contest and to revoke or reaffirm from time to time. That is thier right.

kellory wrote:The loser ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF A VOICE! Not just in a vote, but in in thier own council.

What does that even mean?? Thats mumbo jumbo. The loser has the right to say: "I guess the majority of the voters is opposed to our idea, perhaps its no as good an idea as we thought."

kellory wrote: Meaning, stop trying to shut people down.

I can find no voices being suppressed. This is a public forum.

kellory wrote: correct any falsehoods,

This is something I excel at. I dont mean to boast but I am really good at that.

As to the rest, I don't much care for internet quotes but I will share this one with you.

"Believe not, those quotes posted on internet chat rooms because in most cases, either thi quote itself or the person who is supposed to have said it art incorrect": George Washington.

George Washington is an American hereo, if you cant trust him, who can you trust?

I can find nothing to suggest any impropriety. If you or Bob Stout can, I would suggest you would have presented it long ago. It is however common for those on the losing end to cry foul even if there is nothing to cry foul about. By doing so it casts a pall on the event and generates a spector of doubt they hope will build (Re: if you say it enough times, it becomes true) I am not from your state, and as I stated I have no dogs in this fight. Your politics are your own. But a fine weapon is being condemned with a lie...................................................................................................................................................................:.As it has been, over and over. It was asked in 2005 (twice) and in 2009 and again in 2010 (twice). It not for lack of asking, you lament the outcome and demand the question keep being asked until you get the answer you desire. Of that there can be no doubt."........No doubt it will be as llong as those in your state feel slighted, there will always be another vote. It is part of the process..............................................................................................................................................................".kellory"]The loser ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF A VOICE! Not just in a vote, but in in thier own council.[/quote]

What does that even mean?? Thats mumbo jumbo. The loser has the right to say: "I guess the majority of the voters is opposed to our idea, perhaps its no as good an idea as we thought."" This part means they have the right to free speech, and the right to assembly, even by Internet (and I wouldn't listen to Goerge about the internet, he wasn't around when Al Gore invented it.).........................................................................................................................................................................................quote="kellory"] Meaning, stop trying to shut people down. [/quote]

"I can find no voices being suppressed. This is a public forum."You are right, this is a public forum, therfore thier voice weighs the same as yours. On this one subject you appear downright rabid. sarcastic, mocking, and unplesent. And it's an act, something you put on like a coat. On other subjects you are informative, friendly, interesting, and a fine hunter and craftsman. I have injoyed what you have shared with us, but on crossbows, your bias is very, very plain.It seems to be a personal vendetta against the weapon itself, covered in politics. Pushing crossbows into gun season is a lie, and I despise lies. It is why I never went into politics. If speaking plainly offends you, for that I apoligize. I believe a fine tool is being misreppresented. Your politics you can keep, they don't interest me. :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:05 pm

I cant say I will miss you but I am certain you will return post haste. You seem to insist your input on a matter outside your state is needed or warranted here. I rather doubt it personally but I expect you will do a great deal of typing in the areas below this post in the near future. ;)

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:52 pm

retch sweeny wrote:I cant say I will miss you but I am certain you will return post haste. You seem to insist your input on a matter outside your state is needed or warranted here. I rather doubt it personally but I expect you will do a great deal of typing in the areas below this post in the near future. ;)

And where did you get the idea I was ceding you the field of battle? You guys brought your argument here to a public forum, too bad, you will get some public input. Deal with it. :|

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Our politics dont interest you, if you recall. I guess that was just fluff. Its all you seem to want to talk about. I guess your back then. ;)

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Let me know when you idiots can quit arguing and start coming together as hunters and putting this nonsense aside. This is why hunting all together is turning into crap. Politics and senseless pissing contests are just a huge turn off. No wonder half of our board members quit coming here. I have a feeling this comment will get kicked to the curb and you guys will continue to argue an argument that has no end. I dont care. I have the freedom to not contribute to these boards anymore and not affiliate myself with you type of people that call yourselves "hunters". you guys made your point, lets man up and drive on and get come down to earth again!
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin