Legislature wants to repeal earn-a-buck...

gunther89

Re: Legislature wants to repeal earn-a-buck...

Postby gunther89 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Does that include the CWD zone or are we still special and need to kill every deer in the zone?
Scott

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:33 pm

We'll see how this turns out, but I did read this comment under the story windsor posted.

"As a long time hunter (40 years) EAB as well as these other crop damage and early season hunts are a disaster. I hunt for the chance to shoot a buck - if I have to shoot a doe/fawn first, Im not going to hunt, so both goals of reducing the herd and revenue from my license are not met. Keep the traditional system, and give out more permits to those who want the meat during the gun season. I havent seen a buck in 4 years during hunts, and refused to shoot a doe/fawn."

I hope this guy does not represent a very large majority of WI hunters. If he does, we are in for trouble without EAB.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Just wait until the DNR has no other option now than to use sharpshooters the uproar that will be coming...

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm

The other answer is to make shooting does easier in high population areas. Let me as a property owner in Waupaca and Shawano county kill as many does as I like and call in to register them. I will make sure I get the right balance, I promise. Now you make me pay for extra licenses, waste 1 hour+ of my time dragging a deer into a bar or gas station to register it and/or go through all the logistical hassles with crop damage tags - I just dont have the time to do it.

The deer will be in pockets. To manage them you need a scalpel not a sledge hammer. You need specific rules by 40 acres not by deer management unit. QDM makes it worse. I love the QDM and I will do it till I die but it makes it managing the deer population worse with the rules Wisconsin has in place. QDM is growing, this problem will be increased if we dont change what is going on.

You watch, next year there will be a DNR campaign about over population of deer in xyz areas - the circle will repeat itself. The one year without EAB, the population has exploded in the areas I travel.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm

So now we've got to be Texas, funny, where is the Deer Czar from. Great...

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:17 am

I am going to make a prediction. I predict that in the future, in 2012 a guy that uses the handle of swwiff on archery talk is going to have a complete meltdown. He is going to post something on a chat room that is completly false and will get called on the carpet for telling lies and will spend a great deal of time hoping to restore his credibility. I also predict he will fail in his quest and be forced to admit he made it all up.

Oh and I predict that the Packers will not go to the Superbowl in 2012.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin