Soybeans?

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
Demoderby4

RE: Soybeans?

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

The deer are still hitting the bean fields hard where I'm hunting. I watched 14 total deer the other night in one field. Hardly any corn is planted and no oak tree's are near by so they will be in the bean field all season long, just the way i like it [:D] If the deer left they found something better for the time being, mainly acorns or other mast in the woods. They will come back to bean fields later on though, late season is perfect for left over bean fields if they are still up.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

twostep121874

RE: Soybeans?

Postby twostep121874 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 am

Just last weekend Iseen two different bucks bed in the middle of a beanfield where i hunt.They would get up about every 30 minutes to stretch and bed back down.I was able to stalk to within 20 yards of them.keep your eyes peeled and keep a pair of binoculars handy and you just might find your next trophy bedding in the beans and with some luck you might be able to stalk within shooting distance of him.I have found that its better to try to stalk with a crosswind because most bucks will bed with the wind hitting their backs.It also helps on those days when its to windy to be up in your treestand.Good Luck!

Previous

Return to All About Deer Sign