mechanical broadheads

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
manda4491

mechanical broadheads

Postby manda4491 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 am

D-DH,
After 20 years in the Marines, killing anything with a good rifle out to 500 yards is pretty much routine. Now, I'm primarily a bowhunter because of the challenges inherit to the sport. I noticed in a recent article that Alaska does not allow mechanical broadheads for moose hunting; implying that they are unreliable. Have you done, or do you know of, any unbiased testing on the subject?

By the way, I thoroughly enjoy your magazine and tv show. After filtering through virtually every deer and bow hunting magazine on the market, I have settled on yours as my primary source of hunting information--thanks in no small part to Dr. Charles Alsheimer (and his extensive research on Whitetails) and the Drury brothers. Congratulations on a job well done--keep up your standards.

Semper Fi,
Mike Ashworth
Lt. Col. USMC (Retired)

charlie 01

Re: mechanical broadheads

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 pm

First I've heard of any state banning the use of a mechanical broad head. They have been in use for a number of years now and many use them with success. I myself prefer fixed with the use of my compound but I'm forced to the use of mechanicals with my crossbow to gain positive accuracy. It would be interesting to hear their reasoning on this bann.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ