Confirmation code problems

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
rthomas4

Confirmation code problems

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm

What's up with the confirmation codes? Every single post I've tried to make is giving me a notice that the confirmation code is incorrect. This is a real pain in the ass, and the codes don't seem to be doing a damn thing to stop the spamming in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they are accomplishing is stopping the users from posting due to having to go back and enter them 5 and 6 times for every post!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Re: Confirmation code problems

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:24 pm

The same thing happened to me this morning. It's happened a few times before too. Now, I may have very well made a mistake the first time, but the second time I was certainly careful, but I got the error note. In frustration, I just signed off.
While the codes are a pain, they do stop spam by an automated source, but an individual has no barrier. Sadly, there are a lot of fools running around who have nothing better to do.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:05 pm

It's happened to me also, but usually I can get it on my second or third try.

Tell you what...make the subject UGG Boots and it'll go right through!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Please will someone give me a straight answer?
Why when this forum is attached to such a well known and widely read successful magazine, they can't get a better forum format?
I have been on many forums and with the exception of NAHC, few have had the problems this switch has had...With the exception of posters ,many not all by any means, the HuntingNY forum has no problems. The Talkhunting form has never had a problem in either poster or spam...I really miss the old forum format...I originally left at the switch because this site stopped being user friendly ...I find it sad but also irritating the lack of interest the "company" seems to have in it's readers...but then again...I quit the magazine at the switch as well....
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 am

Yeah, this code thing is getting ridiculous...I just tried to reply to a post, and I put the code in 8 times before I gave up on it...If this one doesn't work I'm thinking this forum is kind of on the way out...we should all find another one that actually works if this keeps up....

now to see if this will even post so that you guys can read this...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 am

The new NAHC forums are working like a charm! The new ownership group, Scout, is listening to the members and are working hard to improve the site, the magazine and the club! I know msbadger quit going over there due to the problems with the old site, and we had a massive migration of members to other sites; but many are now returning to the new and improved board. I understand that Scout is interested in acquiring other outdoors and hunting oriented magazines and sites; and improvement seems to be their forte!!!!!!!!!!

Now, let me see if I can get this to post in less than 8 tries!!!! Knock me over! It went through on the first attempt!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ