New Forum FAQ

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
jonny5buck

Re: New Forum FAQ

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:13 am

Charlie 01 your a genius and dont even know it ...yet....here's the deal ...when you see any spam posts click that persons forum name...''dresses dresses'' for example....add that spam bastard as a ''FOE''...i just did also after reading your post.....

You can still see that persons name ...But ..this is a big one ....you will not be able to see any of their stupid asnine spamalama ignorant posts!!!!!!!!

Just click foe for each jackwagon spambot and none of us have to read their garbage or look at the their selfish blithering posts.....strike one up for the little guys again!!!!!!!...yes.............. at least you wont have to see that garbage.. until Ben gets them cleared up.....just made navigating this site a little better....give this post a bump and keep it on the front page folks...Good day--- :D

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:47 am

Good work Jon
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:49 pm

jonny5buck wrote:Charlie 01 your a genius and dont even know it ...yet....here's the deal ...when you see any spam posts click that persons forum name...''dresses dresses'' for example....add that spam bastard as a ''FOE''...i just did also after reading your post.....

You mean I got rid of dressesdresses just that easy? I went to his or hers profile to see what I could find out. When I saw "friend or foe" I thought why not tryn it. Anyway, I can't find their posts anywhere. It somehow seems too easy.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Sorry Charlie, You did not get rid of it, just made it invisable for you. For everyone else, it was still clogging the system. But it made it easier for you to see the real posts. It is intended for less polite sites, when someone is being a A$$#@*&, and everyone can then ignore them. Ben still has to zap them to kill them.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:47 am

Well, if everyone made them a "foe" no body would see them. I think it's great, I see no dressesdresses posts at all. I'm going to get rid of the others also.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 am

Go for it Charlie, it is there to make it easier for YOU, and that is what it does. The posts will stll clog the system and slow it down. Do you realize some of these spam posters have posted over a thousand posts in a few minutes? I would not be suprised if that could crash the servers. I don't even know what other damage they can do, but that part is out of our hands and in Ben's sights. FOE will help you, but not help the site.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

cunninghamww

Postby cunninghamww » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

How do I post videos? I don't want to post a link, but actually embed the video in a post?

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:59 am

why is it with this new forum i do not get any emails on recent posts or posts i've been involved in anymore used to get daily now i get none
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Georgia Boy, Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to spread your knowledge, and learn something new. Being new to the site, you would likely not know, but FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions. (as in, How do I do this? what does this mean? I am having a problem with this....)
I believe you are posted in the wrong section. There is a complete section for guides and outfitters. There is also a How to Use This Forum type section at the very bottom of the Forum Home Page.
If you wish to buy, sell, or advertise, or if you need to get in touch with He Who Must Be Obeyed, that would be Ben, and you can reach him here at E-mail me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

Enjoy the forum. I do. ;)

easports

Postby easports » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 am

Ben
I truly enjoy the magazine deeranddeer hunting but this forum is a JOKE. Ever since you all changed the program it’s just been one big pain in the ass. Now between the security codes, trying to up load a picture, no customer support to speak to regarding these ridicules changes….it’s just a joke!
In the last hour I’ve been kicked out of the system several times. I’ve had to reset my password twice and lost my draft once. Personally I think it would be easier dealing with a hemorrhoid then this site…..both are a pain in the same location.

PreviousNext

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ