3 Toes?

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
FrankG

3 Toes?

Postby FrankG » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:12 am

Help if you can.
last season I came across a 3 toed hoof print, yes 3 toes right rear. Not large, maybe 1-1/2 to 2 years. This weekend opening day, 3 toes again although much larger (right rear). Not a double step, I tracked both times untill lost.
Is this common? None of the old timers here in Tennessee have ever seen this before. Any assistance or links would be appreciated contact with a biologist would be even better.
Thanks all.
Frank G in Tennessee

ranwin33

Re: 3 Toes?

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:16 pm

It would be nice if you could send a picture.

I've never seen one, but a Google search indicates others have.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

FrankG

Postby FrankG » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Just becasue your from the "Show Me State" I'll show you <just kidding>. Will do with the images including reference to size. Of course my battery eating Nikon went dead. Naturally the spares were in the vehicle, first time out this year, dah, didn’t place back ups in the 4 wheeler. They ARE there now. They would have made super images, nice soft mud. Thanks for the rapid response.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:56 pm

FrankG wrote:Just becasue your from the "Show Me State" I'll show you <just kidding>. Will do with the images including reference to size. Of course my battery eating Nikon went dead. Naturally the spares were in the vehicle, first time out this year, dah, didn’t place back ups in the 4 wheeler. They ARE there now. They would have made super images, nice soft mud. Thanks for the rapid response.

:D
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ