Having orange on in the stand?

Does your state have a deer regulation that defies common sense?
jonny5buck

Re: Having orange on in the stand?

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:42 pm

frank8871 wrote:didn't say its not needed or wanted, just that it wouldn't be seen from outside, hence my previous post. the way some laws are worded or the lack of a law entirely can leave SOME people open to what they want it to be. heres an example of Illinois law, "the hunter must wear a cap and upper outer garment of at least 400 sq. inches of blaze orange" ,now i've heard people say they feel that could mean a 20in.x20in. square pinned to their back. safe hell no, legal ????

400 ''SOLID SQ. INCHES---- just thought i would throw that out there...i ran into a guy hunting shotgun for deer outside of a park that i hunt bow at....we all wear the cheap vests and an orange hat while bow hunting[park rules during shotgun]....outside the park the same ''state rules apply to shotgunners...this guy got a ticket ...he was wearing an orange camo coveralls from head to toe and an orange stocking cap...CPO wrote him a ticket because camo orange is unacceptable by illinois regulations...[somethingi think is pathetic and needs to be changed]...he found out the hard way...no warning...just a ticket- :?

Bob Olsen

Re: Having orange on in the stand?

Postby Bob Olsen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 am

I've read somewhere that Deer see hunter orange as a muted yellow color. I think (?) in Dr. James T.Krol's book. So just put it on and watch how much other hunters move around and learn from them.

Previous

Return to Dumb deer laws