pop up blinds

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
largemouth19

Re: pop up blinds

Postby largemouth19 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 pm

I have hunted during firearm season several times out of my blind and love it! And I guess I am one of the few exceptions because I have set it up and had success within 24 hours, and these deer were well with in range of a bow. If I can though I do set it up ahead of time. I use to have a Hunters Specialties blind that I loved but the material didn't handle the exposure very well and I had to junk it. Now I am using a Primos Escape that is awesome, but I have only firearm hunted out of. I tried to do bow last season but the chair I was using didn't allow for it. This year I have a new chair and can't wait to try it again! I did spray the heck out of it with cover sent before I did anything else with it. Also a common mistake that I was doing was opening all the windows to get a 360 veiw, big no-no. You are suppose to only have one or two open and sit as far back in the blind as possible to make it harder for you to be seen.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 am

If it hasn't been said, before you put it in the field, practice shooting from it with your bow, and use the same chair you intend to use when hunting. Every blind is a little different, so you want to find out the best way to sit and draw your bow without hitting anything(except you target of course). I think taking a deer from the ground is a bit harder than from a tree, but a lot of hunters like adding challenges. There is nothing wrong with that.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 pm

I have an ameristep reversable doghouse blind with high grass and corn stalks on one side, and mossyoak b/u on the reverse side. open two zippers and pop the sides and rezip. then reinstall the roof rods. 2 minutes tops! it has a floor, and it is water tight. different patterns give me more flexibility.There are several patterns available. i have the shoot threw mess (they velcro in place) but I never use them. I pack it in the evening before, and set up. hit everything with scent killer, or cover scent, and I have taken a few so far with it. I perfer the view from a climber when the weather is good, but when it is just too cold, I use a blind heater in my doghouse, and keep hunting.Oh, nearly forgot, mine has a camo orange cap to spread over the top and bungies down in a few seconds., for gun season. Total wieght if blind is about 20 pounds, and it comes in a bag with shoulder straps.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting