Crossbow Laser Boresighter

retch sweeny

Re: Crossbow Laser Boresighter

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:53 am

Glad I could both educate and inform you about this technological marvel. But remember, that version is the slowest and least powerful version you will see, the next version will be more power and have more range and be even more fantastic than the existing TAC 15. That’s the thing with crossbows, they are still in their infancy for capabilities since they are a stored energy machine and since a self cocking version is sold by another maker, you can expect others to go that route. If you wait long enough, you might not have to bring anything to the table and the crossbow will do even more for you, elliminating any sort of skill set that an actual bowhunter uses. :lol:

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 pm

I have seen the self cocking (loud and slow) and the repeating versions(quick and easy, but low power). Also,did you know crossbows can be set like deadfalls to watch a particular point of trail? (not legal here), but a crossbow can be strapped to a tree, with three trigger strings. one at the point of impact, and one each uptrail and down trail at shoulder level. men on trail discharge early, deer or large animal discharge at point of impact. But under a survival situation, it could make the difference between eating and not eating., especially if you happen to be weak or wounded. It is a useful tool, but it is still a bow tied to a stick, with a different kind of release.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Good to know I guess.

You say "not legal here" where is here?

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Booby-traps are not legal in Ohio, though in a survivial situation, you are not going to care if there is a rule against it. You ever build a bow or crossbow from scratch? I built a crossbow from the leaf spring of a truck when I was in college. I never checked it"s range, but it had a pull of more than 300lbs! I made bows in the Bow Scouts. Nothing like some of the pictures I have seen on this site though. There is some talent on this site.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Crossbows