Plotwatcher Pro

easports

Plotwatcher Pro

Postby easports » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Purchase two of the plotwatch pro cameras this year. I would not have captured these pictures with a tradional camera. What do you think about the buck in the first picture looking in the direction of the camera. PRETTY TALL.

rmontez

Re: Plotwatcher Pro

Postby rmontez » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:14 pm

is it hard to use the plot watchers? I read about them a little bit and they looked time consuming having to go through all the images that were being taken?

That buck does look very tall, maybe just outside the ears. Good Luck.

Huntr Pat

Postby Huntr Pat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Need to look up the price on one of these. I guess reading the instructions thoroughly will help clear things up. Hope its affordable.
Us Army Retired
Grim Reaper Pro staff
Predators Archery Pro Staff

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 am

I used the plotwatcher all of last year. Its a great tool. Even got my buddy harvesting a booner with it,

It can take some time to review pictures. The trick is to place the camera where there is nothing moving
in front of it.
As you can see, easports has his camera in an open field where there are no weeds or trees moving from
the wind blowing.
With the programing that comes with the camera you can fly through the pictures like they were a vidieo.
when the program sences movement. it will stop on that picture.

A twig or a small tree moving can make viewing a bi%#$.

easports hows the plot watcher pro on batteries? The old plot watcher was only good for 2 weeks.
Jake

MZS

Postby MZS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am

Huntr Pat wrote:Need to look up the price on one of these. I guess reading the instructions thoroughly will help clear things up. Hope its affordable.

This goes for 250 bucks (no pun intended). Another that I am looking at is the Primos Truth DPS, that goes for about $90. Am wondering if either would take photos up to the 1/2 hour after sunset of our legal shooting hours.

easports

Postby easports » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:55 am

Motorbreaker

Battery life is much better then the old model. Depending on settings you can get a month from the batteries. If that's not enough time you can connect an external battery.

Return to Scouting Cameras