isabella county hunting?

Archery_NUT

isabella county hunting?

Postby Archery_NUT » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

anyone know of any spots me and a buddy could hunt in Isabella county this year? i live in mount pleasant and i just lost permission to hunt the land i wsa previously on so now i need a new spot for me and my buddy who is just up here during school to hunt. if anyone can help us out that would be great.
thanks
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

DeerCamp

Re: isabella county hunting?

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Try this website out...It has an app that the Michigan DNRE made for us hunters. It shows all the state lands in Michigan.

http://mcgiweb5.mcgi.state.mi.us/mi-hunt/#hybridBaseMap
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 pm

thx. ive looked into state land but id hate to go on an adventure by myself out there. im gonna figure out if my buddy wants to go find some state land that is accesible easily. my buddy said that the state land around us is not easily accesible unless you have a 4wd truck

largemouth19

Postby largemouth19 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm

I don't know if this is still true but when I was at CMU Deer Field Park was available to bow hunters only. Also I think Viets Woods is the same thing but both of these you need to look into first. And one thing I can tell you about Deer Field Park is long before I got into hunting I was just out there hiking one day and saw the biggest buck I have ever seen with my own two eyes. I am not joking when I saw it was so big it literally scared me and I got out of there pretty quick.

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:30 pm

i will look into that cause i dont live far from that at all! and i too have seen some big deer right outside of city limits and by deerfield park

Return to Michigan