Spray on snow

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
Blazed

Spray on snow

Postby Blazed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:14 pm

How well would the spray on snow work on a ground blind? And will it come off the material?

Anyone tried it?

paulie

RE: Spray on snow

Postby paulie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:19 am

I dont think it would really work too well at all. I'm not sure what kind of blind you have but, I just recently saw that Ameristep now offers a "snow camo" cover for some of their blinds. It's pretty much just a cover that you slip over the blind.

Heres a link to their site.

http://ameristep.com/accessories/covers.html

Blazed

Postby Blazed » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 am

Well I broke down and bought the $1.42 can of spray on snow. It work perfect Covered the blind and stuck where the real snow wouldn't stick. As I approached my blind afterwards I kept thinking I should get a picture, but never did. It blended better than when I brush it in.

cva54

Postby cva54 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:30 am

I camo every thing spary paint I have alot of pepleo ask me who did my duck boat it looks great lost it in the swamp a few times

kellory

Re: Spray on snow

Postby kellory » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks for the link Paulie, I have the doghouse reversable now, and a snow pattern would increase my options.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

justincasei812

Re: Spray on snow

Postby justincasei812 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:32 am

I wish I would have seen this topic before I spray painted one of my pop up blinds. It actually did a pretty good job. It faded the the colors as if there was a dusting of snow. I am sure it could be applied thicker/ whiter as needed. I hunt in the upper penisula of Michigan and most of the time there is snow. Big camo blinds stick out like a sore thumb up there.

Paulie thanks for the link. I will be looking into one.

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking