Slick Trick vs. Grim Reaper vs. Swhacker Video

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
cunninghamww

Slick Trick vs. Grim Reaper vs. Swhacker Video

Postby cunninghamww » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Check out this video if you are using any of these broadheads. Testing durability, bloodflow, and penetration...

http://www.thepathlesswoods.com/2011/09 ... eview.html

bobow

Re: Slick Trick vs. Grim Reaper vs. Swhacker Video

Postby bobow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:05 am

Thanks for passing that on :!:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

cunninghamww

Postby cunninghamww » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 am

yep, was fun to do. We were really surprised that the swhacker got through the plywood and we shot the reaper twice just to make sure it wouldn't. Thanks for watching!

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 am

Saw it, liked it. I use swhackers and silver strike mechanicals. Any opinion on silver strikes?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

cunninghamww

Postby cunninghamww » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 am

I am the guy that doesn't use mechanicals, so I can't speak from experience...their design is basically a rip of the reapers, so I have heard that they perform much the same, which is a good thing. I had a buddy that shot them one season and while he gave a few deer the dirtnap with them, he wasn't convinced about their durability so switched after the season...

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:43 am

I like them. they are a third the price of the Rage, the blades remove and replace with one screw, and I buried one in an oak tree (don't ask how to clean one) and it survives today. they fly like field points, and have always opened for me. Now I have had a few bent blades. But I carry a verry small package of replacement blades, and an eyeglass screwdriver, and they are working again in a few minutes.(just don't drop the screw!)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

cunninghamww

Postby cunninghamww » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 pm

If I was a mechanical guy, I might have to try them! But really if I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to shoot what you are confident shooting. Every broadhead will perform to some degree, but a well-placed shot by a confident hunter will make any broadhead look like the best one ever invented. Good luck this year!

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 pm

cunninghamww wrote:If I was a mechanical guy, I might have to try them! But really if I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to shoot what you are confident shooting. Every broadhead will perform to some degree, but a well-placed shot by a confident hunter will make any broadhead look like the best one ever invented. Good luck this year!

If You were a mechanical guy the clanking would scare away all the deer! And I have at least a dozen different types of broadhead/razorheads now I pick them up in trades, ect, and I don;t throw them away because someone may need a few tips. Anything will work, but some work better than others. The difference though is small at short distances, and a few inches difference is not gonna make much difference. Hunt well my friend. ;)

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:15 am

Nice video - it is great to see guys having a good time.

Might consider buying a Thermacell to help keep some of those bugs away that were bothering you in the opening scene.
:D
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

cunninghamww

Postby cunninghamww » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Haha, we had three running! Black gnats in the lowstate of SC will carry a thermacell and make babies in it. Works great on the mosquitos but the gnats could care less!

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting