Sunday Hunting

mb915

Sunday Hunting

Postby mb915 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Whats everyones take on the no hunting on Sundays in VA Law?  Are you happy with it, or do you think the General Assembly should change it(wont be happening this year, no bills were introduced)?

easports

Re: Sunday Hunting

Postby easports » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 am

Just noticed your posting regarding Sunday hunting. Personally I think if Bull......you finished the rest of the sentence. I'm glad to hear that the Dept of Game is now on boad with Sunday hunting. Hopefully now with there support Sunday hunting will be allowed.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Good luck gentlemen, Sunday hunting in Ohio has been the law for several years now. I love the fact that I can now spend the other half of my weekend hunting! Or if I can only hunt one day I have a choice. Hope it passes for you. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

FindmeOutside

Postby FindmeOutside » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:39 am

After years of not being able to hunt on Sundays I'd be all for it.....it seems year after year some of the best days of the week are Sundays, the wind where I am at will blow all week until later Saturday then Sunday always ends up being the perfect day to be in the woods. I can't tell you how many times I've woke up to find it still, crisp, and super clear, one of my favorite conditions. Unfortunately this is not an over-night process so I don't look for it to take effect for several years unless the population really gets out of hand between now and then.
Browning 7mm 08 Leupold 3x12 fed with Hornady Ammo = Dead Deer
Nikon D7000 70-300mm AF-S = Great Photos

oletimer

Postby oletimer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am

I am probably the only one here that hopes we don't get Sunday hunting. Not because of blue laws but where I live gets hunted pretty heavily. Those of us that live in hunting area need a day off. My wife and I love to hike the many trails that wonder through the woods and fields around the house. The only day we can safely take the dogs and go during hunting season is Sunday.
I understand the limit of only one weekend day but our seasons are very long. With the long seasons and excess number of deer it is not hard to fill a freezer. And for those trophy hunter just take some time off to hunt. I always took at least one week off each year to hunt. Normally the first or second week of Nov.
Many or most that want Sunday hunting do not live where they hunt. It sure is a different story when you live where you hunt. We have to put up with road poachers [ do not call them road HUNTERS] , poachers , etc, etc. We just need one day a week off to cut wood , take a walk and just not have to worry about who is trespassing.
Just my 2 cents.
lead follow or get out of the way

FindmeOutside

Postby FindmeOutside » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 am

I can totally understand that side of it, if I lived where I hunted I probably would feel the same way, and honestly after about the third week of hunting almost every day I'm ready to sleep in on Sunday myself. Although I wouldn't mind the option it's probably best left as is.
Browning 7mm 08 Leupold 3x12 fed with Hornady Ammo = Dead Deer
Nikon D7000 70-300mm AF-S = Great Photos

Return to Virginia