I want to hunt now!!

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
bigwisconsinbucks

RE: I want to hunt now!!

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:58 pm

I'd have to agree that he looks to be a 3.5 year old. Still a shooter in my book. Good luck!
Kyle

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:10 pm

JPH, i read up on the pistol thing for PA. I guess they just passed a law, i believe at the beginning of last year stating that you're allowed to carry a pistol for protection even during archery when you're hunting. It's a thought but i doubt i'll do it, i don't have a pistol and i don't really have the money to blow on one being layed off and all lol. Oh well. Thanks

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 am

ORIGINAL: bowtech21

JPH, i read up on the pistol thing for PA. I guess they just passed a law, i believe at the beginning of last year stating that you're allowed to carry a pistol for protection even during archery when you're hunting. It's a thought but i doubt i'll do it, i don't have a pistol and i don't really have the money to blow on one being layed off and all lol. Oh well. Thanks

Well chalk one up for PA!

You'll be in my prayers re. the lay-off.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 am

Thanks JPH...it must've worked because my boss called this morning and said to come back on aug. 18! Couldn't have worked out any better for me. I'm goin to south carolina tomorrow and all of next week then i go back to work the following monday. That means i have a full week of vacation to burn during archery season!!! Perfect.[:D] I can not wait...

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 am

Thanks JPH...it must've worked because my boss called this morning and said to come back on aug. 18! Couldn't have worked out any better for me. I'm goin to south carolina tomorrow and all of next week then i go back to work the following monday. That means i have a full week of vacation to burn during archery season!!! Perfect.[:D] I can not wait...

Are you serious? That's awesome! I try to never say that I am going to pray for someone unless I'm actually going to do it. I usually say a quick one right away, which I did as I was sending that post. Not that I want any credit. All glory to God!

Hope you have a great hunting season. I'm looking forward to seeing that buck with the velvet stripped off and you holding up his rack!!!

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Lol...Thanks alot i appreciate it JPH.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Hey Bowtech21 - You shouldn't have anything to worry about with the bears. We have several bears on our property, but they tend to be fairly elusive. Don't mess with the Mama though, cause she don't play... If it is still a concern, then you should look into the giant pepper spray canisters (if legal in your state). They are fairly inexpensive. There was a recent study that said it was more effective than a bullet, i.e. quicker to use and more accurate in a close range pressure situation (cloud vs. bullet)
From those who much is given, much is expected

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm

yeh i would say 3.5- meybe 2.5 it still has that thourogh bread look to him , not refrigerator look yet

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks legnip, I'll look into that. You're right, I've never worried about bears in general, i'm just worried i might run into mama someday and i'm gonna want more than a broadhead to deal with that lol.

Previous

Return to Photo Corner